• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Blood Work Results Questions

I asked this question in the testing subforum, but it doesn't seem to be as active as this, so I thought I'd ask here as well.

Just got my labs back and I have some questions about the IBD panels that were run, they returned as follows:

ANCA Screen - Negative

No antibodies detected for Myeloperoxidase or Proteinase.

ASCA IGG - 25.2 (equivocal)
Reference range <20 negative, 10.1-29.9 equivocal, >=30 positive

ASCA IGQ - negative.

Celiac was negative, but I did have low Immunoglobulin A (80, reference range is 81-463 mg/dL)

Is anyone able to explain what this indicates? Haven't yet been able to speak to my doctor (my appointment to go over the results isn't until the 30th), so I'm getting a bit anxious. All other blood work seemed normal. The only GI symptom that I have is LLQ pain and the occasional constipation. I've had these symptoms for a few years and have had countless ultrasounds and CT Scans that have always been normal. No weight loss, no blood in stool, etc.

I have my wedding this coming weekend and this is weighing heavily on my mind.

Scipio

It says that these anti-bacterial antibodies that are frequently elevated in cases of IBD are mostly negative in your case. You have only one borderline and the rest are all negative.

This doesn't firmly prove that you don't have IBD, but it tells against having it. It is one piece of evidence that there is lower likelihood that you have IBD. Same for celiac - the tests suggest you don't have it.

It says that these anti-bacterial antibodies that are frequently elevated in cases of IBD are mostly negative in your case. You have only one borderline and the rest are all negative.

This doesn't firmly prove that you don't have IBD, but it tells against having it. It is one piece of evidence that there is lower likelihood that you have IBD. Same for celiac - the tests suggest you don't have it.
Thanks for the response to my question. Doctors in the past have suggested IBS for the issues I've been having. This new doctor (I recently moved) suggested the blood test for IBD to see if that would be a possibility. Got the results last night and didn't really understand what to make of them.