• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Started Humira yesterday - what to expect

Hello everyone! :) I just got my first dose of Humira yesterday (40 mg, will be doing once every two weeks but I think I'll switch my day to Sunday instead of Monday so my next dose is 12/4). I'm really excited, anxious, and slightly worried... which I think is natural for all of us who start any manner of treatment. The pen is much easier to use than I thought, which was a nice surprise!

So I wanted to ask, when was it that you started noticing improvement in your symptoms? Was it within some weeks or even months? I was told I'd feel much better within a month and like a completely new person within 3 months. I've been sticking to my same bland safe foods for so long now and I'm starting to get a little tired of it but I'm also so scared to try anything new because of the fear of being in pain afterward... so I wondered if/when that fear dissipated for any of you on Humira.

I'm also on Humira for my AS. :)

Thank you!

Hi. I think I have heard some people say it took months. I think everyone is different. I hope it gets you into remission.

my little penguin

Staff member
Took Ds 5-7 months to get to a good place on humira
But he was growing and gaining so that had to change him from a kiddie dose 20 mg to an adult dose after 3 months so that played a part I am sure
Almost 5 years later it's all good

Pharmasience medication Product For Stress and illness.

Stress is a health problem in itself, but it can also lead to other physical and emotional complications. Stress can indirectly cause other health problems by affecting your behaviour.if you take Pharmascience medicine it directly go to painfull area and get cure:- For More Visit.
Hemorrhoids

I noticed a difference almost immediately. I remember decreased abdominal pain and bm's per day within a month of starting Humira. I still had quite a bit of blood and arthritis with body fatigue for about 3 months after but I was in a pretty severe spot with Crohn's at that time. I know I began eating whatever I wanted with no troubles whatsoever around 5 months after loading dose. Humira was a wonder drug for me! I did have to add Azathioprine for some extra fistula and blood in Bm's help at the 5 month point. I know I was scared to try new foods too. When you feel ready to try a new food just start out with a small portion and also It'd be a good idea to keep one of those food journals to document how that food impacts your Symptoms before going to a full size portion.
I still look back to my old food journal when I feel signs of a flare up. It reminds me to stay away from all dairy and to mostly just stick to soups/broths and crackers.

Thank you all!! :)

I'm honestly noticing a huge improvement overall already and I'm honestly just so amazed. I have a ton more energy than I have in so long and I've noticed a big improvement in my AS symptoms. I can't tell so far as far as my Crohn's symptoms and I'm still too scared to try any new foods yet (even a little bit) but once I get my second injection I may try... I can definitely see how it's a wonder drug! I'm so excited.

I think I will make a food journal, thank you for the idea! That's good advice. I'll make sure to write down all the things I can currently eat so I'll always know my safe foods even after I start little by little introducing new things into my diet. Here's to hoping for good things! Good luck to everyone else with anything going on too!

Thank you all!! :)

I'm honestly noticing a huge improvement overall already and I'm honestly just so amazed. I have a ton more energy than I have in so long and I've noticed a big improvement in my AS symptoms. I can't tell so far as far as my Crohn's symptoms and I'm still too scared to try any new foods yet (even a little bit) but once I get my second injection I may try... I can definitely see how it's a wonder drug! I'm so excited.

I think I will make a food journal, thank you for the idea! That's good advice. I'll make sure to write down all the things I can currently eat so I'll always know my safe foods even after I start little by little introducing new things into my diet. Here's to hoping for good things! Good luck to everyone else with anything going on too!
I am do glad for you.