• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My UC Journal

I've found that writing about my trials (without tribulations thus far) with UC has really helped me cope with it. When I first was diagnosed with it I actually freaked and left the country for a few weeks.

My doctors thought I'd be in remission over a year ago, but I still write since I haven't had much success controlling UC. Boswellia seemed to be the worst btw!

My blog : Not me, UC!

Yea I still can't really believe it. I'll be meeting my deductible sooner rather than later which is good I guess??? :p

David

Co-Founder
I feel your pain. I have a $7,000 deductible. I try to front load all the expensive stuff at the start of the calendar year. Nothing this year though, our move has been too expensive. Move, health. Move, health. Flip a coin!

We've setup an HSA though so that might help next year.

Hey Chris,
Argh. I think just reading your blog can induce a flare. Ever heard of fecal transplants? A lot of people who have run out of options have found success with this treatment. I'm thinking of trying it the next time I come out of remission.

Haha I guess I should change the tone of my writing if it could cause flares at present. :ytongue:

I have never heard of a fecal transplant, so I just googled it and made a note to mention it to my doctor next week. Thanks, any ideas thinking 'outside the box' like that are appreciated!

Hey Chris,
Argh. I think just reading your blog can induce a flare. Ever heard of fecal transplants? A lot of people who have run out of options have found success with this treatment. I'm thinking of trying it the next time I come out of remission.