• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Cimzia again?

Is it possible to repeat Cimzia again? The gi's office is considering switching me from Humira to Entyvio. Cimzia was successful for a while and then quit.

Cimzia is just like humira or remicade in that you could have built up antibodies to it if you were on it then came off. I'm assuming they have an antibodies level testing for Cimzia and you'd want to have that done.

Maya142

Staff member
My kids have been on biologics multiple times (but not Cimzia). My older daughter is on Humira for the second time. It's working really well for her - even though this is the second time.

However, both my girls have also been on Remicade multiple times and that did NOT work as well after the first time.

I would also recommend testing for antibodies before you start it.

Thanks. They are recommending Entyvio . If the doctor agrees that is probably what I will do
Ron, I would give a recommendation on Entyvio, but I have not been on it long enough to give an opinion. I have only had the first 2 loading doses. Right now I am having problems with diarrhea. I also have problems with deep fatigue for a couple of days after the infusion.

Good Luck in whatever is decided to go with.

Ron, I would give a recommendation on Entyvio, but I have not been on it long enough to give an opinion. I have only had the first 2 loading doses. Right now I am having problems with diarrhea. I also have problems with deep fatigue for a couple of days after the infusion.

Good Luck in whatever is decided to go with.
Doug, is it given similar to Remicade!?

Maya142

Staff member
Yes - infused but it's a short infusion (we were told 1 hour, but my daughter still goes to a children's hospital, so it may be faster for adults). The loading doses are the same as Remicade - at 0 weeks, 2 weeks and 6 weeks. Then every 8 weeks after that.

My daughter is starting Entyvio on Monday.

It takes time for Entyvio to work - we were told peak efficacy is between 14 and 22 weeks, so it's not quick like Remicade. Most people need to be steroids until it starts working.

The results for Crohn's are not as good as UC, but if you've failed everything else, it's worth a shot.

Ron, It is an infusion like Remicade. The infusion itself lasts about 30 minutes and I have been in and out in 45 minutes. Maya142 is correct. Loading doses at weeks 0,2 and 6, then every 8 weeks.