• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What Ive been told

So for the past 4 weeks ive had soft lumpy runny poo. Sometimes I get a sudden urge to go and bubbling in my stomach area. Ive had abit of pain in my stomach area twice, 1 was bad 2nd time wasnt as bad.

So, after having this four weeks I went to the drs. He felt my stomach asked me questions about myself and if I drink and smoke and all that. Said he thought it was just an infection. But if its not cleared up in two weeks (started this Tuesday) then I need to go and pick up a container so I can have a poo sample taken. Then take it from there.

How does that work? do you poo directly in the container? or into the bowl and fish it out?

anyway, sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Hi Venny - the doctor should give you a 'hat' - that is an insert to put in the toilet to catch the poo....you should poo into that, then take a sample. Do not go directly into the toilet and take a sample from there as it will be contaminated.....

Hi Venny - the doctor should give you a 'hat' - that is an insert to put in the toilet to catch the poo....you should poo into that, then take a sample. Do not go directly into the toilet and take a sample from there as it will be contaminated.....
Thanks lol sorry to be a bit graphic, Im in England would that make a differnce?