• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Question

Hi everyone,

Just to give you an update, awhile ago I posted about a swollen knee and possible arthritis. Well, I have very early stages of arthritis in my knee, I have been doing physio and my knee is doing much better.

Now my question. Over the last year or two I periodically get a swollen lymph node under my armpit, it starts off quite sore, then a day or two later it's no longer sore, then a few days later it goes away. I did see the dr about it, I have had blood work and ultrasound done and it came back fine. Once it happened and I nicked myself shaving, and two times right before my period. Anyways, Sunday I noticed a sore bump behind my ear, felt like a pimple at first and was sore, now a few days later, it's not sore, but still there. Hasn't changed in size. It's in a weird spot, right in the corner behind my earlobe. I call it a bump, but I guess it could be a swollen lymph node. I just wasn't sure if we have lymph nodes right on the corner behind the earlobe, I know we have them on our neck, but this is not my neck. Just wondering if anyone ever experienced this? Not sure why all of a sudden the last few years my body is reacting this way.

I just had big blood work done for GI and everything was good.
Thanks!

How big is the bump behind your ear?
I had one that was a pimple but was very sore. It was kind of like in the crease between my ear and head. I put acne medication (salicylic acid) and warm compresses on it to help it come to a head.
I hope it isn't a lymph node for you and is just a pimple or cyst. I also use to get cysts in my armpits and figured out it was due to irritation from the deodorant I was using. Those always seemed bigger...maybe pencil eraser to dime size and very sore as well. They never came to a head, but went down after I stopped using the deodorant.

How big is the bump behind your ear?
I had one that was a pimple but was very sore. It was kind of like in the crease between my ear and head. I put acne medication (salicylic acid) and warm compresses on it to help it come to a head.
I hope it isn't a lymph node for you and is just a pimple or cyst. I also use to get cysts in my armpits and figured out it was due to irritation from the deodorant I was using. Those always seemed bigger...maybe pencil eraser to dime size and very sore as well. They never came to a head, but went down after I stopped using the deodorant.
It's not very big, and I would say in a very similar spot, right in the corner where my earlobe meets my head or neck. It was sore like a pimple at first but is not sore now. When I feel it, it feels
More like a cyst to me, not a lymph node. Although my dr has reassured me in the past that swollen lymph nodes are usually not a bad thing. I will put some acne soap on it for the next few days, if it's still there next week then I will go to the dr. This feels different from the swollen lymph nodes I had in my armpits. I'm not overly concerned, but just not sure why I have swollen lymph nodes every now and then.

More likely a cyst or a boil. Behind the ear is not really a lymph node site.
Yes, I actually showed it to my mom this morning since it's impossible for me to see. She said it looks like a cyst with some fluid in it. I have had cystic acne on my face before, but not this. Do I go to the dr for it? Or just wait and see if it goes away o its own?