• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I've given up on everything

I'm so depressed right now. My crohns is ok since surgery but everything else has gone backwards. I am doing online school because of anxiety and I refuse to go to real school, everywhere I go I'm bullied, stared and laughed at. I've lost nearly all my friends and the only friends I have are in different country's. My dad promises me things but never keeps them, my sibling is an ungrateful twat that I hate so much words Can't describe and I have started self harming.

I tried to go to the doctors and ask for counselling for PTSD and anxiety but was too nervous to talk and didn't get any help.

I just want to be able to go out somewhere without people yelling "tranny" or "gay" at me. I want to be able to talk to people without shaking and sweating. I want to go and meet my best friends ever but flights are too expensive. I want to be able to get through life without cutting my skin.

I just feel broken and hopeless. I don't know what to do anymore.

Its hard! You will be ok! Take one day at a time. I get depressed i have a psychologist lady to talk to. I was at where you are. Did not get out of for weeks and months. I still do not like crowds. Anxiety attack still go on . I now travel on the plane to see my daughter. I take some meds for it. You may need some to get started. Ask for a small dose. It takes the edge off. It never goes away . But you can control it. I feel it food shopping at the check out . And it passes. We are here for you NEVER give up!!! YOU ARE LOVED!!!! :hang::heart:

thanks. the doctor says im too young to have mental illness. im 13 ffs why should that make a difference. I need to be at school by september.

thanks. the doctor says im too young to have mental illness. im 13 ffs why should that make a difference. I need to be at school by september.
I've never heard such a thing. People younger than 13 can have mental illness. I don't know if you do or don't, but that's nonsense. Is there another health care professional you could talk to, like a nurse?

DJW

Forum Monitor
To young to have a mental illness...that's just plain stupid!
Are you able to change doctors?

In a strictly academic, anal way he's correct. Many of the heavyweight diagnosis like schizophrenia and bipolar disorder are gated behind being 18 years of age or older. He's still a complete and utter bastard and wrong in practice.

PsychoJane

Hi Ki3,
I am sorry that you are feeling this way. The teenage period is not the easiest, at the least it was not for me either, but I can tell you it got better with time.

I'm proud to see that you were aiming to get some help from a therapist. As you said, it is a big step to make at your age to actually be ready to go and get that help but I highly encourage you to do so. It can really be beneficial and is a sign of strenght!
You said you were to anxious to talk, what about writing it down? If I were you I would prepare a short message for my doctor (or another doctor if you feel like yours is not receptive) telling him why I need some counselling. I am sure they will be enclin to help you. CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) is really helpful to prevent the inner feeling from overwhelming you to the point you feel the need to hurt yourself to let it out.

Also, what are your passions on day to day basis? I'm curious if you want to share some :)

Things will get better!

My now 14 year old daughter is receiving cognitive behavioural therapy at the moment for anxiety issues. So far it is going pretty well and she was diagnosed at age 11. Never be afraid to talk to a good therapist, you owe it to yourself to get the treatment you need and deserve.

Thank you all, as the doctor wasn't helpful at all, next time my sibling has councelling we are going to ask his councellor if she could help me.

I know I'm not just going through a teenage phase, I kinda self diagnosed with anxiety and I think I have a very minor case of PTSD, but I am also worried about something to do with my attention span and how I interact with people, a bit like ADHD maybe? I don't know. I want an actual diagnosis.

I'm a passionate dancer, but not really anything else. I'm one of those people who aren't good at much. Always last in every race/competition, could never do any sports. Or much. I don't even think I'm that good at dancing but I enjoy it.

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi. There is more to life than sports. You like dance...dance! As it has already been said, find you're passions. Don't compare yourself to others, do what you love.

scottsma

Don't put yourself down,sweetheart.I'm not very good at a lot of things,but most of us just get by and do ok.It is tough being a teen,but like most things in life,it doesn't last.Have you had a look at the" young adults" thread ? I'm sure there will be others who can relate to your problems and give you support and friendship.Just concentrate in getting through today.Best wishes,feel better soon.

Thank you all, as the doctor wasn't helpful at all, next time my sibling has councelling we are going to ask his councellor if she could help me.
Brilliant.

My wife has Crohn's and stress can be a trigger for her. She does go to a therapist. But another thing that helps her manage her stress is yoga. Particularly if you like dance, that might be a thing for you to try.

PsychoJane

I can only second that yoga idea. I find yoga lovely along with meditation.

I am also worried about something to do with my attention span and how I interact with people, a bit like ADHD maybe?
While it is a possibility, many anxiety related conditions will somewhat cause this symptoms. I have the adhd diagnostic myself and I know it will be even worst if im am anxious. One does not exclude the other. Good therapists will be able to help you and give you tips for both conditions!