• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Need opinions

Hello. I had a ct scan done. the ct scan showed distal small intestine inflamed and there a mesenteric lymph node that measures 1.5X1.4cm. Along with several other swollen lymph nodes. The problem is that the stool sample for inflammation was negative. I have a colonoscopy in the am. The question is, is this Crohns? Infection? Or nothing? I am on a diet of just rice. Thats all I can eat. Anything else causes intense pain and excessive use of the bathroom.

Scipio

The question is, is this Crohns? Infection? Or nothing? I am on a diet of just rice. Thats all I can eat. Anything else causes intense pain and excessive use of the bathroom.
It could be any of those. The colonoscopy should be very informative. If the doc sees inflammation and ulcers in the terminal ileum that will very likely indicate Crohn's. By getting a colonoscopy you are on the right path to a diagnosis. Just sit tight for now and wait for the results of the colonoscopy.