• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

In the middle of a prep yay!

in the middle of a prep yay!

I am in the middle of prepping for a pillcam and i just drank magnesium citrate and it wasn't that great but i have had worse lol! And i am having horrible cramps from it not like my other prep at all so now i am waiting for the rest i feel like i have to go but i don't want to i have to say i was dreading this prep. Then i have to get up at 430am to drive 2hrs away to the office and get hooked up and then drive 2hrs back to pick up my daughter and be back at the office at 4pm so i have 8hrs of driving ahead of me... If i knew the area and didn't have to pick up my daughter i guess i could of found something to do out there but oh well too late now. So i guess i am going to have to weather this prep and do it all on no sleep ok i am done wining to you all sorry...how are all of you??

:hang: Hi Calmygirl, sorry you're taking that horrible prep! I'm still recouperating from my colonoscopy Friday; the prep they gave me was Colyte and no where near as traumatic as mag citrate-that stuff is inhumane, for sure.

I definitely recommend bringing a change of clothes and wear Depends-they make them to look like undies now lol! From my past experience with the mag citrate I couldn't control it for my 10 minute drive to Kaiser, let alone as far as you're going. When I walked in the hospital it was like, Cleanup on Aisle 4! Everyone was staring at me, and my husband, God love him, says really loud, "WHAT areyou looking at? We're at a hospital, not the Academy Awards!" Ah, good times...

Well, best wishes for tomorrow, I'm sure the prep is the worst part, and it'll all be over soon.:thumleft:

i have only gone once and it wasn't that bad yet...but my stomach is still gurgling pretty bad so i imagine there is more to come how long did it take b4 your action started lol! I hope i can drive at 430am i am so nervous...

nevermind been in the bathroom like 6 times since my last post and still going this is horrible just like my last prep nice...i hate this!!

thanks shannon i can assure you that this part is not fun but i am sure the pillcam part isn't going to be that bad its just the prep and 8hrs of driving and no sleep that is going to be a little difficult for me not to mention i have a 2yr old lol!!

Calmygirl, isn't there someone who could take you or at least go with you? There's no way I can drive after prepping, that's for sure.

I'm sending positive thoughts your way for a safe trip and sucessful test!

well its 430am and i am still going so this should be a very eventful drive and i am exhausted i can't believe i have to drive 2hrs now i don't even know how i am going to do it and no i don't have anyone that i can call now maybe later but not at 430am not good...and i have the worst headache sucks...i will update you guys when i get back...

well we had a snow storm this morning so i had to drive in a snow storm so i ended up having to drive 5 1/2 hrs instead of 4 so i just got home i am exhausted but i made it and i am all hooked up...and now i have 3 1/2 hrs b4 i have to drive again i don't even know if i have the energy to do it again...

i know right it was horrible but i made it through it all and i am exhausted and my stomach is still gurgling lol!! Nice huh i still feel horrible and i can't wait till bedtime!!