• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Feel like such an anomaly!

Hi, I've been following the crohns forum on and off for a couple years now, never "participated". I feel like and anomaly. I've been diagnosed with crohns since 2007. Found by accident on a routine colonoscopy. I don't have patin and I don't have diarrhea......ever. Always constipated. Recently switched GI doctors and naturally he wanted to do a colonoscopy. When I came to he was very concerned and said I was having a bad flair as he proceeded to show me the craters in my colon. =[ I had no idea this was going on inside!! He said the Liada I was taking is not effective and so he put me on Humira. Been on it for one month. I hope it's working. I have to go for blood work at the end of the month. The only way to tell if I'm in remission?! Anyone else have my issues. I find it so bizarre!!

Hi, I've been following the crohns forum on and off for a couple years now, never "participated". I feel like and anomaly. I've been diagnosed with crohns since 2007. Found by accident on a routine colonoscopy. I don't have patin and I don't have diarrhea......ever. Always constipated. Recently switched GI doctors and naturally he wanted to do a colonoscopy. When I came to he was very concerned and said I was having a bad flair as he proceeded to show me the craters in my colon. =[ I had no idea this was going on inside!! He said the Liada I was taking is not effective and so he put me on Humira. Been on it for one month. I hope it's working. I have to go for blood work at the end of the month. The only way to tell if I'm in remission?! Anyone else have my issues. I find it so bizarre!!
Me too! Recently diagnosed after severe anemia forced investigation of where I could be losing blood. Had IBS symptoms for at least 25 years, alternate with C and D- light cramping (uncomfortable but not painful) with the D and occasional daylong cramping (very painful, but only a couple times a year) with gas buildup -- like when I forget and eat corn on the cob. GI thinks I either had crohns the whole time or that it developed into crohns after Lyme disease five years ago. Like you, I really don't know how to tell when I have a flare... IS it important to know when a flare is occurring? Does it make any real difference as long as we aren't in pain? (so sorry for those of you that DO have the pain!!!)

theOcean

Hello there! I moved your post to its own thread in the hopes you get more responses that way!

Crohn's is a very individualized illness, and it manifests differently for everyone. So you're not too out of the ordinary, I promise! Some people get no symptoms at all, but the inflammation is still there. It's almost more dangerous because of that, since there's no visible symptoms.

Welcome to the forum. :) I'm on Humira too and I hope it's working well for you!