• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Gas pain - any over counter meds i can try in UK :)

Hi folks,

Crohns has been good of late, not making too much of a nuisance of itself, perhaps this new exercising and health gig was a good idea after all haha.

Anyway, at the weekend i had a bad bought of gas pain\tenderness in the usual place (lower right abdomen), it was keeping me up nights and on saturday it was compouned by feeling nausceous (sp?) all day, really like i was away to throw up violently, which is very unsual, and on sat night had basically water coming out of me, so i think i must have eaten something :(

However, the gas pain is a regular thing with my crohns, i have tried wind eze and even IBS meds to try and ease the gas pain. It comes in waves, and i can actually feel my tummy distent slightly as it comes on (mainly as i have lost weight now so can feel muscle underneath skin).

I have tried peppermint tea etc, but i wondered if there was anything to ease the gas pain, or move it along a bit etc.

I have heard fennel tea may work, but no idea where to get it, or how to make it, just boil fresh fennel?

Any ideas would be great. I have a date on Friday, and she knows i have tummy trouble, so hopefully a bit of a change of gig for me this year :)

Hope all are doing okay and its not getting you down.

rygon

Im prety sure Pukka tea has a range including fennel (seen them in tescos). I find peppermint tea to help quite a bit.

I find tigerbalm white great for bloatiness pain.

Maybe some probiotics might help. I have some easy-yo yoghurt, which has good bacteria in. You make it yourself and I like the taste better than supermarket bought stuff.

Another thing is the possibility of being constipated. I know that can cause bloatiness

Cheers, i shall have alook for the tea.

Pro-Biotics seem to disagree with me badly, they always make my tummy do backflips, which is not a good state of affairs as it is lol.

Think my tummy is a bit schizo, it doesn't know if it wants to have the runs or normal! causing the pain, bleeding pain that it is :)

There are peppermint capsules...colpermin. Some find charcoal tablets help a lot. I presume you have tried mebeverine and buscopan.