• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Whats your fav recipe?

Hi yall! i was wondering what is your fav meal to eat
1. When your in remission.
2. When your in a flair.
3. Desserts that are ok to eat.
I am newly diagnosed and i dont know really what to do diet wise :sign0085:
And i am always fatigued, so if you know any smoothies or drinks or anything to give me energy it would be greatly appreciated. :luigi:

nogutsnoglory

1. Salad (haven't had one in years)
2. Egg salad seems really safe for me.
3. I do well with ice cream.

I have no energy either but sometimes a green drink that is strained helps give me a boost.

And i am always fatigued, so if you know any smoothies or drinks or anything to give me energy it would be greatly appreciated. :luigi:
Do you know what your ferritin (long term iron) levels are? Fatigue for Crohn's patients is often due to anaemia caused by malabsorption of iron, protein, vitamins etc.

No i havent. i heard about taking Vitamin B12 but it didnt do much.
I would try to get tested for all kinds of deficiencies. Diet is one thing, but if there are some glaring deficiency like iron, supplements are key to get your energy levels up. I had anaemia from iron deficiency for years and battled it with different supplements that did not work well until finally figuring out a strategy to take the right iron supplements that work for me, B6, B12, magnesium, zinc, pottassium, folic acid, vit D etc. That helped me massively. Well, of course also eating Crohn's friendly and well helps ;-).

I love burritos!

Since getting sick, I've had to have them with a few modifications, though. Mild sauce instead of spicy. No green vegies in them, and wrapped in something gluten free.

I also love tiramisu, which thankfully I can still eat however only in very small quantities as dairy doesn't agree with me so much anymore.

If you are looking for a good energy drink, my GI recommended I drink one Sustagen per day. I am not sure if you have that drink where you are, but you must have something similar. It's like a dairy drink that has protein and carbs etc in it. It depends why you're drinking it, though. He told me to drink it so I could recover some of the weight I had lost. If you're not after weight gain, though, then I would agree with what alex_chris has said regarding vitamins.