• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I thought I could be 'normal' for one night

I'm such a dill!

I had a date tonight which never happens :dusty: & I was meeting them later this evening.

My family and I had a roast at home and I thought about missing it and having something light, but I just decided to eat it and it's healthy and I need to be eating more. So I had that for dinner.

Anyway long story short, I had to cancel :mad2: because my stomach feels like a bowling ball.

It's so frustrating that something normal feels impossible because of this.

As it was, he asked me to dinner, but because i don't feel comfortable eating out, I suggested something else.

It's hard to get excited about things while you're worrying about your health.

I've learnt to adjust to things and whatnot, but for one night, my stomach couldn't be just a little bit stronger?

Hey, at least you had the guts (no pun) to accept the date or even be in a position to meet new people. As a guy, I feel pretty uncomfortable at times because I can sometimes tell when a girl is kind of "vibing" me and I have always shy'd away from asking them out and ESPECIALLY now I won't even think of asking them out, and not only do i feel stupid but i feel bad hoping that the girl doesn't think it's her or get all self conscious. For all I know i could be misreading girls just being nice...

Whenever my dad makes a roast dinner I'm in the bathroom for hours afterwards. I have no idea why but it's always the same! Don't let this put you off though, you'll just know for future xx

Hey, at least you had the guts (no pun) to accept the date or even be in a position to meet new people. As a guy, I feel pretty uncomfortable at times because I can sometimes tell when a girl is kind of "vibing" me and I have always shy'd away from asking them out and ESPECIALLY now I won't even think of asking them out, and not only do i feel stupid but i feel bad hoping that the girl doesn't think it's her or get all self conscious. For all I know i could be misreading girls just being nice...
I once went on a date with a guy and explained my situation. The next date we had I had to cancel because I couldn't keep out of the bathroom and he just made such a scene about it. Accused me of lying and why didn't I just say I didn't want to see him. He wanted to come round but there was no way I was having a stranger listening to me sounding like a trumpet!! It made me realise pretty quickly he wasn't for me. I've not been on a date since but I'm hoping that one day I'll meet someone who accepts my situation.

I once went on a date with a guy and explained my situation. The next date we had I had to cancel because I couldn't keep out of the bathroom and he just made such a scene about it. Accused me of lying and why didn't I just say I didn't want to see him. He wanted to come round but there was no way I was having a stranger listening to me sounding like a trumpet!! It made me realise pretty quickly he wasn't for me. I've not been on a date since but I'm hoping that one day I'll meet someone who accepts my situation.
Wishing you the best.

I am sorry your getting hit on all sides!

I wasn't diagnosed until I was 28 and already married. I wish I could say he gets it, in a way your lucky, you can test drive them. If they can't handle while dating you can let them go.

Good Lick,

auren

Hey at least your going on dates. I kinda accepted living my life alone a while back. So good for you for at least getting out there and meeting guys. I am like a recluse, low self confidence which women absolutely love... maybe one day ill be in a place where i feel comfortable enough to get out and meet people again. Honestly it just puts me or i put me under too much stress. Until i van find a way to control my stress levels better i just suck it up. Plus living in los angeles, the land of the dhallow and self serving doesn't help either, land of the fake and fickle.
Anyway, i dont blame you for not wanting him to hear you, but think about it like a game, like fu!k it, let him come over or the next guy, and let them hear you , and if they dont care or stick around maybe they are a keeper. Treat it like a game kinda. Who cares what they think. If they think its "gross" big effing deal. You just weeded out one of the bad ones. Not like he can go broadcast it on tv or radio.... try to have fun with it. Glad to hear your outgoing at leaast. More than i can say for myself

Take care. Good luck.

Wishing you better times in the future.

BB