• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Lost and depressed

My crohns has been a rollercoaster ride (Not the fun kind, more like that time I rode Wicked Twister at Cedar Point and cried.)
I was diagnosed April 2017, I have been on humira since May and was on budesonide from may to july (another nightmare). I am on humira every week. I have bounced between constipation and diarrhea, feeling full quickly to starving an hour after eating. I tried gluten free, low fat, low dairy which helped nothing , I am returning to my peaches, applesauce, pretzels, chicken, rice and potato diet ( real nutritious, right?) I had a repeat colonoscopy which showed my crohns had improved in my colon and terminal ilieum
(small win?) my doctor thinks I have IBS and that it is just raging out of control. I get to repeat my sbft in a few weeks (gag).
My doctor wants to put me on TCA and switch to entyvio. Anybody think an endoscopy may be in my future?
Any advice? Similar experience?.... Free tissues?

I wondernif maybe they should give the Humira a little more time to see if it might still work.
My doctor said that since I have been on high dose humira for 3 months straight he doesn't want to keep me on it because it is so rough on your immune system.
I have already c-diff once, and I think it has come back.

Spooky1

Humira, for IBS? I think he knows what you have. Mind, you can tolerate a lot more foods than me. Good luck and I hope it goes into remission soon.

low sugar diet will help a bit, that means avoid white sugar, high fructose corn syrup, and natural sugars from fruit should be lowered but you should still eat some fruit, stay away from high sugar fruits like bananas and raisins and avoid fruit juice. brown rice preferable over white rice and potatoes are probably fine if mashed, as they will form more fiber as resistant starch to form butyrate which is anti-inflammatory. try oats for breakfast with cinnamon though, you can put some honey for sweetness, I skip the honey all together though.

Here is some more advice and my regimin, I'm not sure i listed by B12 supps but I take adenosylcobalamin 1/2 pill every 2 weeks this keeps blood test normal.