• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Eye issues?

DJW

Forum Monitor
I've had eye issues Very sensitive to light and feels like I have sand in them.

What specifically are you dealing with?

There are several extra intestinal manifestations of Crohns that deal with the eyes. Uveitis, scleritis, and episcleritis are a few of them.

It is important to see an ophthalmologist about any eye problems when you have CD so that the issue can be dx'ed and treated properly. Some eye problems that come with crohns can be serious.

My son has episcleritis, it doesn't cause permanent damage but does at times require treatment.

Mine get blurry and fill like sand and burn at times.
This, I actually wear magnifying glasses when reading sometimes now. Its weird, I actually had perfect vision before, I just assumed it was because I was getting older ( I'm 45 now ), btw, perfect vision isn't 20/20, mine was something weird like 40/40.

Tony H

you really need to see an ophthalmologist , there can be serious complications , I had iritis a few years ago and I have to have my eyes checked on a regular basis