• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Which disposable bags do you prefer?

Im thinking of switching from the reusable bags to the disposable bags since I got a colostomy (must have a gas filter). I feel like its cleaner and less annoying then emptying the same bag over and over. Which brand bags do you prefer and why?

Nyx

I use liners inside my bags. I get them from colomajic.com. They're fantastic!!

nogutsnoglory

You might want to try the new coloplast sensura mio. The filter is supposed to be better and not get clogged. Most filters clog up or don't work.

nogutsnoglory

There are one time bags you throw every time but that's only appropriate if you empty once or twice a day. For most of us here we use disposables that you can empty when you poop. With a 2 piece appliance you can change the bag and keep the flange. Some keep the flange a few days and the bag a few days. I like to change the entire appliance every 3 days. Some here go longer.

I use the one-piece drainable Coloplast Sensura and have just tried out the new Coloplast Mio bags. Coloplast works best for me, but not for everyone. In particular, I am sensitive to many adhesives, but have minimal reaction to the Coloplast bags (in addition to a skin barrier wipe). Also, my ileostomy itself is very wet and eats away at the flange very quickly, and the Coloplast seem to withstand that better than other brands and I can go 3 days in between bag changes rather than changing every other day like I was before that.

Sorry to interrupt this convo but just wondering 2th fairy if they do these coloplast bags in convex?as I'm looking for a new bag but can't find them on their website

I've been using coloplast sensura all week with half a thin ring and my belt and so far so good :) just need my order to hurry up so i can carry on with them!

Oh yeah didnt know that. Is that the one your using now? I just want a nice disposable 1 or 2 piece bag with a gas vent im not sure where to start lol