• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Remedy For Skin Tags

Hey Everyone,

So, I have anal skin tags because of the colitis. Now, I'm not saying this will work for everyone, but after carefully reading reviews and researching the company, I went ahead and spent about $26 on a 10ml bottle of Dermisil specifically for skin tags.

I've only been using it for 4 days, applying it 4 times per day and half of the skin tags are gone! They are gone. I looked in my hand mirror lol and oh my gosh, I feel somewhat normal again.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there because it never hurts for anyone to try, AND

Dermisil has a 60 day satisfaction guarantee. Can't beat that. Best $26 I've ever invested. Hope it works for others!!

Wow, I had no idea such a product existed. Thanks for this review. My mom has skin tags on her neck and is terrified of surgical removal. I'll tell her about this.

You're welcome, and neither did I. I do know you can tie off skin tags with dental floss, or make a paste out of baking soda and castor oil. So maybe if one doesn't work, the other will.

I remove mine by icing for numbness, swishing with alcohol, then clipping with sterilized scissors.

The ones on my neck, I mean, lol. I don't have the other kind.

I'll tell her about the oil/soda. I don't think she'd go for the tying off as she's so paranoid about anything potentially painful.

Well, Dermisil doesn't hurt at all. I just get a warm tingly feeling lol

I tied one off. Don't ask me how I managed to do it in that area haha, but that one did fall off within 3 days.

The castor oil and baking soda doesn't hurt. It does make you a little sore, but that's about it. I hear it works wonders for others.

I hope it works for you too. Remember, there are other natural options in case it doesn't. The baking soda and castor oil were working pretty well for me before. I would just get a bit too sensitive from it. Everyone's different.

Thanks so much for posting this! I love when we can help each other out on this site! I really hope it works for me too, but mine are pretty big and I have had them since high school. :(

I've read on different websites that big skin tags might take an extra week or two to fall off.

Everyone cross their fingers. I'll be really happy if this can help some of you.

Why should we have to live with those things anyway

If it took a week or two to get rid of something that I have been having to deal with for about ten years, I would be very very pleased. Thanks again. :)

No problem! One thing I do suggest is to only check the progress once every 3 days. I say that because it's just like losing weight, etc. You will acquire body dysmorphia if you check too often. You won't notice the progress and will get discouraged. I've been doing that so I stopped. Much better that way.

Definately need to check into this Dermisil stuff-- I had a hemorrhoidectomy right before they found out I had Crohns and apparently it didn't heal up well so what I have now are anal skin tags that are terribly painful and they can't do surgery right now because of the risk that, since I have Crohns, I won't heal from the surgery. Do you think the Dermisil might help me any?

That, I'm not sure about. Only because I don't know much of anything lol If it were me, I'd call the company and ask them. I don't see how it would hurt because they are natural ingredients.

I don't know honestly. The product says it's for skin tags. They are getting rid of mine and so many others. I don't see the harm. Good luck!

I'm on day number three and my bum is pretty sore. Still no change in the tags, but it is early. The stuff does have a pretty strong smell.

All worth it if it works of course!

how is it working? i only have two tags left and had to go back to the baking soda and castor oil mix bc the dermisil was drying me out too much...

I tied a couple of them off with dental floss, you can google this. it cuts off the circulation of the tag and it falls off. that worked for me. For the flat ones, baking soda and castor oil paste dried some out enough that part of it started to separate from the skin. I sterilized some new nail clippers and clipped off the rest and put on peroxide. Its not bad at all and only bleeds like a pimple. Different methods work for different people. It was trial and error for me. Its worth it to me to feel normal again.

I do advise consulting with a doctor first.

Thanks :thumright: I was unaware of these skin tags but now I know not to be worried and also how to deal with them if/when I get them

This forum's great :headbang:

I tied a couple of them off with dental floss, you can google this. it cuts off the circulation of the tag and it falls off. that worked for me. For the flat ones, baking soda and castor oil paste dried some out enough that part of it started to separate from the skin. I sterilized some new nail clippers and clipped off the rest and put on peroxide. Its not bad at all and only bleeds like a pimple. Different methods work for different people. It was trial and error for me. Its worth it to me to feel normal again.

I do advise consulting with a doctor first.
Gah, that sounds PAINFUL! I couldn't ever imagine doing that with mine, but then again mine are really bunched up and close to eachother or something.. eitherway, ouch! Just sounds so painful. But if it works for you, more power to ya, lol. :)

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
I had a small skin tag near my eye once and bought a new eyeliner around the same time. I used the eyeliner for about a week (putting it over the skin tag cause it was in the right path for it) and realized that it was getting smaller so I applied it thicker during the day and dabbed some on at night and a few days later, it was gone.

The eyeliner is a black liquid and is made by Prestige Cosmetics and its in a little bottle. I think it cost me like $5 back when I bought it.

Now I just need something for moles. Maybe I'll try it on one of my moles and come back with a report.

i have a question about the castor oil/baking soda method. can the castor oil be from the drug store (the kind used as a laxative), or does it need to be cold pressed?

thanks for the quick response! this is a larger skin tag (somewhere between the size of a nickel and a dime), so i'm thinking it will take a bit longer. i placed a bandaid over the tag after applying the castor oil/baking soda paste, and then i put some duct tape on top in order to secure everything in place.

how long would you say this process took for you, and what was the size of your skin tag (if you don't mind me asking)? will it eventually fall off on its own, or will i need to eventually snip it off?

well, I think it was a week, a lil over, they were small....i did tie one off with dental floss, it felt sore but fell off in a few days... don't give up...be sure to disinfect along the way with peroxide...stay on it, be aggressive...

awesome, thanks! i tried the dental floss, but by myself i could only form the knot toward the top of the tag, not at the base. too embarrassed to ask a relative/friend to help out. i will try the baking soda/castor oil (disinfecting with peroxide along the way!) for a couple of weeks. again, THANK YOU for the feedback!

I totally know what you mean. It was an interesting process for me to even get it where it needed to be lololol

A long bathroom door mirror, a small hand mirror propped between your heels, patience and a steady hand works lolololol Sorry!!!!!

Thanks for posting this! I ordered some up. This is the first time I have had skin tags before it is weird two just magically grew in less then a week. Such a weird thing to have, when never had them before. This last 3 months sure have had a lot of gross learning.

I sure hope the tags will go away, one of them is really annoying for cleaning myself up :/

3+ days later...

hi so it's been about 3.5 days. i've been applying the paste 3-4 times a day and disinfecting with peroxide along the way. it's gotten much more painful over the past 24 hours or so. after inspecting myself in the mirror, i noticed that the top is pale/fleshy/white - i'm guessing this is the most dried out part and the skin is beginning to fall/peel off? like i said, it's a bigger skin tag. is this normal?

one other question...if i were to have this snipped or lasered off by a doctor, would i be in a condition to fly 72 hours later? i'm leaving for a destination wedding on saturday morning. i found a walk-in place that will take care of it and all i'd have to pay is my insurance office visit copay, so i'm seriously considering just going tomorrow. i know you're not a doctor, but based on your experience and what you've read, i figured i'd ask about whether i'd be in a condition to fly...

What causes the anal skin tags? I have something down there, but it is more like a skin pile I guess you could say. I have had this for years, not sure what caused it. Is this the same as a skin tag? Are these common for people to get, meaning can people get these without having crohns?

just wondered if you'd had any success?

Hi, im in no way an expert and you will probably get a better reply off someone else. I do not suffer from crohns myself but fissures which is the cause of mine.

I have copied this from another site.

An extremely common condition, anal skin tabs (tags), are shapeless lumps and flaps of skin or flesh found at the anal verge are usually associated with other anorectal problems. In fact, they are usually the result of a prior anorectal insult or injury such as the acute swelling of an external hemorrhoid that has not been treated.

Anal skin tabs may be indicators of a more serious rectal ailment that needs medical attention. Anal fissures, for example, small tears in the anal canal, are often associated with sentinel tags – skin tags located at the inferior border of an infection or injury. Tags may also be indicative of a blocked anal gland.

I have several, I guess they are medium sized.
A GI (long time ago) told me I could have them surgically removed, but there's no point cause they'll keep coming back.

When I had my son 9 years ago, my OB/GYN cut a few off when he was repairing a tear.

I have constant diarrhea now, and sometimes they get irritated or inflamed. Could this be dangerous? Can the constant D cause them to become infected? I have been having more "bum" related issues since my surgery. I really don't want the Crohn's to migrate down there, I have enough problems further up to deal with....

Hi,
I am having skin tag on my anal area I only had one priviously(one yr ago) now I got one more.i have gone through the Internet and found some natural remedies am using castrol oil and baking soda but it is so painful for me I can't even walk properly is that happens for everyone? Before that I don't have any pain with the tags..please help me with this