• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Personal Poll

Since I'm newish, I was wondering if some of you wanted to participate in a little poll. Feel free to ignore any questions you don't want to answer.

Age and location?

How long have you been diagnosed with Crohn's/UC?

Have you seen multiple GI doctors, or the same one who diagnosed you?

In your personal case, do you think your symptoms are linked to food sensitivities?

If yes, did you change your diet and see improvement?

How many infusions of Remicade have you had?

Does anyone in your family also have an IBD?

Age and location? I am almost 33, in Texas

How long have you been diagnosed with Crohn's/UC? Was diagnosed Feb 2012, so just around a year

Have you seen multiple GI doctors, or the same one who diagnosed you? I'm curious about this one. I have only seen one GI doc and have stuck with her.

In your personal case, do you think your symptoms are linked to food sensitivities? I have been told it wasn't. My only major flare-up was linked to C-Dif bacteria and now that it's gone my symptoms have reduced tremendously.

If yes, did you change your diet and see improvement? N/A

How many infusions of Remicade have you had? 2 as of today. I have my 3rd infusion next week

Does anyone in your family also have an IBD? My immediate family, no. In my extended family, I have a cousin with IBS and another with diverticulitis.

It's just an inquiry. Are polls against the rules?

I was just wondering how many people might have seen multiple doctors, decided to change diets, and had a genetic case (or is it all genetics?).

I'm new to this disease and forum so was just asking for my own information.

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
No they aren't. Was just wondering if it was for personal use or not (if it was for a company or anything like that then it'd have to be run by the admins).

Age and location? 30, California

How long have you been diagnosed with Crohn's/UC? 22 years, Crohn's disease

Have you seen multiple GI doctors, or the same one who diagnosed you? Multiple (3)

In your personal case, do you think your symptoms are linked to food sensitivities? No

If yes, did you change your diet and see improvement? N/A

How many infusions of Remicade have you had? One (first loading dose done Jan. 14th 2013)

Does anyone in your family also have an IBD? Yes. Sister has Crohn's, Grandma on mother's side has diverticulitis and Microscopic Colitis. Distant relatives have Crohn's on both my mother's and father's side.

Age and location? 28 Texas

How long have you been diagnosed with Crohn's/UC? 10 years

Have you seen multiple GI doctors, or the same one who diagnosed you? Multiple 3 to be exact

In your personal case, do you think your symptoms are linked to food sensitivities? No I had active disease and pain no matter what I ate, even when I didn't eat.

How many infusions of Remicade have you had? I had been on it for 2 years with infusions every 8weeks

Does anyone in your family also have an IBD? Just me!

Age and location? 34, Pennsylvania

How long have you been diagnosed with Crohn's/UC? since 2010

Have you seen multiple GI doctors, or the same one who diagnosed you? I've just had one GI doctor.

In your personal case, do you think your symptoms are linked to food sensitivities? I'm not sure but I don't take a chance with it and eat a very clean, whole foods diet. I'm not a robot though. I have an occasional treat but I don't make a habit out of eating high carb, high sugar foods.

If yes, did you change your diet and see improvement? I think keeping my diet the way it is is helping a wide variety of things in my life.

How many infusions of Remicade have you had? zero

Does anyone in your family also have an IBD? none that I am aware of

Crabby, I understand your concern, I promise it is just a questionnaire with a few items I was wondering about others in treatment. I don't know anyone with crohns so I don't have many to talk to.

While I have no reason to distrust my doctor, I am beginning to second guess my need for Remicade and feel like I rushed into it when I might have benefitted from getting a second opinion. Was curious how long people were diagnosed before starting this drug and if perhaps they got more than one doctor to verify the condition of their illness.

Also I wanted to see how many did change diets, as my doc doesn't seem to think that is an issue but I hear/read conflicting information that for some diet makes a huge difference. Just curious to see some other experiences and perspectives.

KWalker

If you are ever feeling lonely, feel free to join everyone in the chat room!

Age and location? I am almost 23, in Ontario, Canada

How long have you been diagnosed with Crohn's/UC? I was diagnosed when I was two, so I've had crohns for 20 years now!

Have you seen multiple GI doctors, or the same one who diagnosed you? I've seen a few. The doctor that diagnosed me only saw children so once I turned 18 I needed to find a new doctor, and since then I haven't found a good one yet

In your personal case, do you think your symptoms are linked to food sensitivities? 'm not sure, but after starting the SCD diet my symptoms have completely gone away

If yes, did you change your diet and see improvement? My only symptom was diarrhea but after starting the SCD I have been completely symptom free

How many infusions of Remicade have you had? I was on Remicade for about a year and a half so how ever many you take in that time

Does anyone in your family also have an IBD? My little brother had UC and now has an ileostomy

Jer

Since I'm newish, I was wondering if some of you wanted to participate in a little poll. Feel free to ignore any questions you don't want to answer.

Age and location?
33 Connecticut
How long have you been diagnosed with Crohn's/UC?
Have you seen multiple GI doctors, or the same one who diagnosed you?
On 2nd doctor
In your personal case, do you think your symptoms are linked to food sensitivities?
Food certainly can upset my symptoms, but are not THE only cause.
Makes zero difference
How many infusions of Remicade have you had?
About 3.5 years worth.....every 8 weeks..........worked fantastic until it just stopped.
Does anyone in your family also have an IBD?
Yes, sister and brother........mother has some gut issues too