• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Baked strawberry & blueberry cheesecake ( SCD friendly! )

For SCDers, use DCCC or dripped yoghurt cheese and SCD yoghurt. For non-SCD, use cream cheese such as Philidelphia and you can use natural yoghurt or cream.

Base
100g almond flour ( ground almonds )
30g butter ( melted )

Filling
225g cheese
50g honey
2 eggs
1 tsp organic vanilla
50g strawberries
50g blueberries
150ml yoghurt or cream

Topping

50g strawberries
honey to taste

1. Pre-heat the oven to 150C. Grease the dish well. Mix the butter and almond flour and line the bottom of the dish, smoothing the mixture down lightly. Pop in the oven to bake for a bit while you prepare the filling
2. Pop all the ingredients except the fruit into a food processor or bowl and mix up until smooth. Add the fruit and whizz a little more, so that you can still see small pieces of fruit in the mixture. Or chop the fruit into smallish chunks if you are using a bowl.
3. Pour over the base and bake in the oven for about 1 and a half hours or til the filling is golden brownish on top and firmish to the touch.
4. Combine the strawberries and honey in a pan and heat until the strawbs are slightly mushy and the liquid has thickened a little. Spread over the cheesecake, allow to cool and chill in the fridge.

DS and I polished most of this off at dinner last night, and he's a non-Crohnie! I'm thinking it would work well with lots of fruit combinations i.e.
lemon and ginger, with kiwi fruit on top?

I was wonder what shop you got the flour from, I have try 4 major brand of health shop and supermarkets and only flour found was cornflour, brown rice flour and plain gluten free flour.

Can you made use different flour instead of Almond?

rygon

Damn grumbletum, youve made me so hungry now :( Cant waituntil summer to try it out, thanks :)

Josephine, almond flour is the same as ground almonds. We've only got a wee Co-op here and you can find it in the homemaking section along with the other packets of nuts for baking.
Rygon, I'm guessing you're finding cooking a bit difficult with the plaster on?

I didn't do too much for the first two weeks: my son and my brother did most of it, but my SCD diet went out the window. I'm much better on the crutches now and can put a bit of weight on my foot, so am managing quite well in the kitchen.
Seeing doc next week and that will be about 5 weeks in my pot so I'm hoping it might come off.