• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

This isnt about chrons or colitis but...

A

Anonymous User

this isnt about chrons or colitis but...

this is more of a girl post...yeah...so if ur a guy and dont wanna hear about woman problems stop reading this now. so last nite i was bleeding...and i didnt think it was my period. it hurt, burned, was a weird color and i was in weird pain. also i just had a period two weeks ago. but i called my dr who told me to go to the emergency room. this was about nine thirty last nite. well they took me bak around eleven.well i was already nervous and tired.well they decided to do a "female exam" it was so horribly painful and im only 15. i didnt think id have to get that done for yrs. everytime i go to sleep i hav nitemares about it. i kno it sounds dumb and i kno that its like natural but i was so scared and upset and bla im sore and stuff. idk it sounds dumb now that im writing it down but i have no one to talk to...so yeah:eek:

A

Anonymous User

Aww hun i hate them to and put them off for as long as i can. I know that every time i went to the emergency room in pain before i was diagnosed they would do those to me to and like you at the time i was to young for them and they really hurt i agree. I feel for you ((((hugs)))))

D

Donna

Awww hun...things aren't always so awful when you get a female exam. And when you are sick, they aren't nice, and can be worse...especially for a first time. Did they tell you what it was? Are you feeling any better?? No matter how you look at it, no one likes the female exams...but you do need them, and they do get easier to handle...in time. Hang in there!!!

A

Anonymous User

well not only was the blood a funny color, i was in tremendous pain, but i had a period two weeks ago. well my brain isnt telling my cycle to stop, and its ok for now but if it happens a couple times i have to go on birthcontrol..eh no fun..plus im losing ALOT of blood and i feel myself getting weaker. today at school my friend goes "r u ok? u look like u mite faint" :( but hopefully itll b ok!

K

Kate

Hun you might want to ask the dr to do a full blood count and check your iron levels so that you can check if you will faint or not. Secondly birth control isnt bad ive been on it since your age to control the spots on my face and to regulate my period to it dosnt have to be "birth control" as such. All the best hun

A

Anonymous User

o i kno it doesnt have to b "birth control" haha...but yeah i mite see if my levels have changed since then cuz im feelin worse.

V

Valentina

sorry you had to go through that. they are not niced tests at all, and always seem to be worse when you get them at the ER.. next time will be better, promise.
I get my period every two weeks now, sometimes I only get 5 days off between them. Its hard to deal with, and I also get weak and tired, and know now to put myself back on iron when that happens. Im on birthcontrol pills to try and regulate it, but its been a few months, and 2 different types of pill so far, and still nothing. sometimes it takes time I guess.
I hope you gets yours sorted, and dont have to deal with it too long.

T

Trixie329

I'm sorry to hear you are having troubles. Being a woman can really stink sometimes.

Personally - looking back over my life - the times I was on b.c. were the times my crohns syptoms were the least.

Good luck with whatever you decide :)