• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Straight from Humira nurse's mouth

I will start off saying I do not have Crohn's...my father-in-law's finance' does and I have tried talking her into taking Humira. I am trying to convince her because I take it weekly and its working. I have a skin condition abbreviated as HS (hyrdadenitis superativa) that basically makes too much protein in my body. Humira helps to block some of that and make me feel a little more normal. Without it I get huge swollen abscesses in the fold of my skin, around my bottom and pubic area, breasts, and armpits. It is unbelievably painful when I have an outbreak. Long story short Humira is working for me.

So you have heard my backstory a little so I will continue with what I started this for. I had a pen misfire a few months back and called Humira to report it and have it replaced. They were asking all routine questions if I have had any reactions from taking Humira ect. I told them the only problem I had with Humira was the stabbing/slicing pain once the medicine injected into my skin. Straight from the nurses mouth, this makes me so excited to tell you, "we are working on making a new formula that doesn't burn once injected." and that it should release sometime in 2017!!!!!!!!! YAY! I wont mind my injection at all if this is the case...fingers crossed everything passes inspections and regulations and such and that those of us who use Humira can be basically pain free!

My last thing is I would love to hear from those of you with Crohn's and how Humira has/has not worked for you and if you don't have insurance if it was covered with the care card or how much it costs for you per shot. I would like to know all of this for my future step mother in law. She has been on the fence about it because she doesn't have insurance. I think it may help her!

Thanks for taking the time out of you day to read and/or comment! Have a beautiful day!

-hmk:headbang::voodoo::banana::applause:

I heard there is a new formula which is not as painful but has not been approved in the US as of yet. Can't wait. I was on Humira for around seven months and had to stop temporarily. I am back on it and my doctor switched me from bi-weekly to weekly. Have your future step mother consult with her doctor about Humira.

Hi. I'm in the UK and I get the new formulation. I use the syringes. The amount of liquid in them has halved and it is much less of a sting when you inject it.

I have been using the 'new' formula for about 3 months. It's great. Straight from the fridge - no waiting for it to warm up a little. Bang straight into the upper thigh and done. No sting at all.

I think i am also using the new formula too, I use the syringe and I hate the pen. The dosage of the injection is more concentrated and definitely have notice that it doesn't hurt as much as it used to :)

I have no pain if I a) inject it into my stomach and b) wait for the fluid to get to room temp. Sometimes I hold the side of the pen against my skin with my hand on top for about 20 minutes to help warm up the fluid.

I tried injecting into my thighs and it hurt like crazy.