• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Anyone on 80mg of Humira/week?

After being on Humira for several years (as well as multiple surgeries for my fistulating Crohn's), my levels are not where they should be.

I have just started with a newly increased dose (was 40mg/week and now I'm going to 80mg/week). Luckily I haven't developed antibodies, but I'm wondering if anyone else with CD (especially fistulating Crohn's) has gone up to this dosage and any experiences (successes, failures, side effects, etc.).

Thanks!

my little penguin

Staff member
Ds has been on humira for 5 years and is on one shot (40mg every 5 days
Which is basically 80 mg a week since he gets two shots a week
He started that last July
So almost a year.
No issues

Good luck

Checking if anyone else has feedback on this. I am already on a weekly dose and after checking my levels, my doctor is doubling the dose as well.

Checking if anyone else has feedback on this. I am already on a weekly dose and after checking my levels, my doctor is doubling the dose as well.
I didn't develop any issues after going to 80mg/week but I just made the switch to Stelara (since, even at that max dose, my levels weren't where the doctor wanted them to be to hopefully be therapeutic).

Wishing you better luck with the upped dose!

wow interesting, didn't know that going to 80mg a week was an option. I was on Humira too with 40mg a week then it aparently failed (had massive bleeding), and switched to entyvio. But after 5 months of entyvio I have even higher levels of PCR and Calprotectin, so I'm wondering now if 80mg of humira would have been better. In my hospital they are not able to check Humira antibodies, no idea why.... so they couldnt conclude if i build antibody or not and explained why it suddendly failed..