• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Mycobacterium avium ss paratuberculosis-associated Diseases: Piecing the Crohn's Puzz

kiny

autoimmune theory is dead, it never lived to begin with, there is 0 proof, it is the fault of some doctors who perpetuated and repeated each other like monkeys because they did not look farther than their nose is long

crohn is not being able to control bacteria / antigen penetrating gut wall because of AIEC or MAP (or salmonella), we are genetically predisposed to mess up because of ATG16L1 and NOD2 mutations, they are related to recognition of bacteria and clearing them with autophagy

our immune system is weak, not overreactive, the inflammation is just the consequence of us not knowing how to deal with the antigens and lots of bacteria penetrating taking advantage of the inflammation

there is so much proof out there now

Last edited:
kiny
There is all this information on how it is happening. My question is,
how come they don't know how to fix the problem?
Is it really all about the money?

Hi Kiny!
You posted so many information regarding MAP! This is perfect! But why you did not start
combination of Clarithromycin 500 mg twice daily, Rifampin 300 mg twice daily and Clofazimine 100 mg twice daily. Try the therapy for at least 3 months before deciding if it works or not! this is recommendatrion from Chamberlin, William!

I don't think it's a good idea. There's a reason they don't do anti-map therapy unless
Everything else is useless. They don't know how MAP WORKS
Pcr testing is very slow. And even dr borody says wait until they know
More. Last thing u want to do is causes resistance.

I don't think it's a good idea. There's a reason they don't do anti-map therapy unless
Everything else is useless. They don't know how MAP WORKS
Pcr testing is very slow. And even dr borody says wait until they know
More. Last thing u want to do is causes resistance.
Let’s see the facts!!

e-mail Davis, William C <davisw@vetmed.wsu.edu>
Dear Igor,

As noted, Dr. Chamberlin has provided the appropriate medical information to you. He has been treating patients for many years. My research is focused on understanding the potential role of Map in Crohn’s disease pathogenesis using the natural host, cattle, for the studies. I am collaborating with Dr. Chamberlin on studies involving humans with CD. If you are able to be treated as recommended, I would be interested in learning the results from the medication.

e-mail Chamberlin, William <William.Chamberlin@ttuhsc.edu>
Dear Igor,
I attached a recent article supporting the use of properly chosen antibiotics in treating CD. Please read it carefully and then ask further questions. I advise getting your local doctor to treat you with a combination of Clarithromycin 500 mg twice daily, Rifampin 300 mg twice daily and Clofazimine 100 mg twice daily. Try the therapy for at least 3 months before deciding if it works or not.

Good luck,
William Chamberlin

PS: You are welcome to come to Billings, Montana where I will be able to treat you.

Okay everyone knows about the anti-map therapy.
But there is a reason and I read it before.
I'm sure kiny knows. Well wait kiny knows MAP a-z

kiny

It's not perfect I believe, because you create resistance and dysbiosis. They see that people with crohn have a very different gut flora when they have inflammation, when the inflammation subsides the gut flora changes again (Faecalibacterium prausnitzii is much less in ppl with crohn, no commercial probiotic for that, I don't know why), antibiotic messes it up more. Antibiotics is not a one time thing, they need to stay on antibiotics their whole life. I don't know if it's because the antibiotic targets MAP or AIEC or because like someone said, it's broad range protection again bacteria penetrating the gut wall. If MAP is a dead antigen response, he suggested broad range antibiotic but while using lactic acid probiotics to keep gut flora in balance. Antibiotic have bad side effects just like other things, like resistance and dysbiosis and chance of C difficile. TNF blocker are a form of antibiotic against AIEC and MAP because they cause apoptosis. When my medication does not work anymore I will consider antibiotic.