• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Any asymptomatic Crohnies with Scar tissue/surgery?

Are there any Crohnies out there with hardly any symptoms but have developed scar tissue/needing surgery?

Has anybody had long-standing inflammation and NOT gotten scar tissue?

In 5 years, this is the 2nd time I've had any problem (took myself off meds 2 years ago) and I'm so facing the consequences! Not D or blood, but uncomfortable RLQ pain and inflammation in CT scans despite being on Entocort since June!

Me, but I've made it through with a colostomy, not worth it in my opinion. I'd rather go through daily hell on my stomach than this thing. Getting the scar tissue removed and colostomy removed during the summer, wish me luck!

Catherine

My daughter has bowel damage which was visible 6 months before dx on a ultrasound.

At that time her symptoms, were anemia and periods of severe pain which occurred every few months and last 24 hours.

After the dx the same area has appeared as damaged on two MRI.

Me, but I've made it through with a colostomy, not worth it in my opinion. I'd rather go through daily hell on my stomach than this thing. Getting the scar tissue removed and colostomy removed during the summer, wish me luck!
What problems are you having with the colostomy? Sorry to hear it's not working for you.