• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Scopes today

So after still no improvement with miralax we had an egd and a colonoscopy today. Results were not what I expected. We also had a rectal suction biopsies and a dissachrides assay. Obviously no results on biopsies yet, but when the GI came to share findings he was impressed with no ulcers in colon but she had furrowing in her esophagus. They (discharging nurse) sent us home with a info packet on eosinphillic esophagitis or EoE. I was honestly surprised as we went in for a rule out for Hirschprungs which is still on the table until biopsies come back. Follow up in 2 weeks ...... still scratching my head on this one

Mlp gave a good website for eoe.
They thought Grace had a version of that but it wasn't.
Keep us posted!
Thanks I've been reading in my free time with a 2 year old lol. What did they end up finding with Grace sorry I tried to find some of your back story really quick but didn't come up with much.

Lol, Grace had to much of a back story.
Her Eosinphils were raised thru out her GI track. However she never got better in full EEN.
Once the GI realized this, she was switched to an unofficial ibd dx. Meaning, we can't pinpoint crohn's over UC and or UC over crohn's.
All we know is we want to hold it back as long as possible.
I could care less what they call it but even now dx's still might be changing.
Grace is one of a kind. Lol

Do you have any ideas yet what might be the foods that trigger the eoe?