• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Intestinal Blockage / Obstruction Support Group

Thanks for your thoughtfulness. I am actually in the ER now.I've been here for about 2 hours or so. Had a bad test. Waiting for the rest.Wish me good luck getting some treatment before the cows come home.
I hope they get to you soon and you can get relief.

Still in ER
Been here for 10 hours.just had x-ray and blood test.If I was treated at a veterinarian clinic, I would already had the surgery and been sent home with a dog biscuit.

What foods are good to eat if you have strictures or a possible partial obstruction? I am waiting for an MRI and ultrasound to see how bad the strictures are, and the waiting is awful. I have been drinking protein shakes and eating baby food but this is not enough to give me energy to do anything. Any help is appreciated. This is rough.

What foods are good to eat if you have strictures or a possible partial obstruction? I am waiting for an MRI and ultrasound to see how bad the strictures are, and the waiting is awful. I have been drinking protein shakes and eating baby food but this is not enough to give me energy to do anything. Any help is appreciated. This is rough.
You might try a food diary to see what foods upset your stomach.

Protein shakes and baby food sound like a good start. For a quick solution I would add powerade or similar as they also contain electrolytes on top of all the sugar and they certainly help me. I find them generally disgusting so it's a last resort for me, which is probably what they should be, yuck!

Longer term though I would ask your Gastro about getting liquid food prescribed, I've forgotten any brand names now but Nutricia do an extensive range, some of which are palatable. I had them in hospital as they couldn't provide me with anything I could digest other than Jello....

Can anyone suggest a good gastro doctor in the DC area? My dad has been dealing with a stricture and has been in and out of the hospital many times in the past two months. He’s lost a lot of weight and we’re worried about bowel perforations. He has celiac and a history of ulcerative colitis. Doctors now think he may have crohns. Twenty years ago he had a colectomy with an ileoanal pull through. Any suggestions are welcome.