• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

19 and arthritic?!

I would just like to say I HATE MY JOINTS RIGHT NOW! It.s the middle of freaking April, and it.s super cold and rainy outside. So here I am on a Friday night sitting in my dorm because all of my joints hurt like hell. My knees and ankles have really been acting up lately and yesterday I went up the elevator to my fourth floor class and got glared at by the kid in the wheelchair! :mad2: I mean really! UGGGH! People that have no idea what.s going on piss me off!

Humira is good for IBD-related arthritis. If you have hand or foot pain, I would suggest investing in a paraffin bath. Basically, it is hot wax and you dip your hands or feet into the wax, and amazingly the pain goes away for a while. They frequently use this in physical/occupational therapy for people with arthritis. I've tried it myself...and even though I don't have arthritis, I would have dipped my entire body into the wax as it felt so good.

Dr. S (spouse of Crohn's sufferer)
Humira twice monthly
6-MP
Asacol
Gingerforce
Probiotics
Aloe Vera
Senna/Miralax

ameslouise

Hi Ally- Sorry you are suffering so much right now! Joint pain is just one of the unf side effects of CD! Have you discussed with your doc to see if there's something you can take for it? Like Silvey mentions, Humira could be a good option to help out with that.

Hang in there. And glare right back at that wheelchair kid! Tell him to mind his own business!

- Amy

Are you in a "flare" right now (if you're not, maybe you actually could be?). My doc told me that my joints were bad (at 24) because the inflammation was out of control, and once it was back under control it should get better. Right now I am on Pred and they feel great, but I am afraid of the imminent taper. Anyway, my point is I don't know how your guts are doing but your joints could be trying to tell you something.

I hope they start feeling better. I know how awful it is.

Thanks for the advice! I just get plain ole cranky sometimes.

@ diesanduhr I.m newly DXed so I.ve never not hurt. My GI basically said the same thing... that when they get my guts straightened out my joints would stop hurting. So we are currently upping my dose of 6MP until it kicks in... hopefully soon!!

Thanks for the advice! I just get plain ole cranky sometimes.

@ diesanduhr I.m newly DXed so I.ve never not hurt. My GI basically said the same thing... that when they get my guts straightened out my joints would stop hurting. So we are currently upping my dose of 6MP until it kicks in... hopefully soon!!
I hope it helps. Sending good thoughts.