• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello, I am new

hello, I am new

Hi there, I am new to the forum and I am very excited to get to hear others that are in the same boat as me and understand. I have been diagnosed with UC for the last 6 yrs, got it while pregnant with our last son. I am just getting over a 7 month flare up that left me extremly enimic and had to gofor a blood transfusion and 5 iron infusions. I am just getting back to work after being off for the last 2 months and am starting to really feel better!! My doctor had me on asa enima's, which I am sure some of you know are not fun! and is now whening me off of them and onto mezavent. I also go see a naturalpath and she has put me on the S.C.D. which really helps as well. I am looking forward to hear other story's and not feel quite so alone in the all. I am also wondering if anyone else is on the diet as well and how they are finding it.

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Welcome to the community bomber!

I am glad you are feeling better and able to return back to work.

I am also glad to hear you are having success with the SCD. Hopefully this is a long-term turning point where you will be able to more effectively manage your Ulcerative Colitis.

Welcome once again and looking forward to seeing you around the forum :).