• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Learned a lesson

My husband and I went to a concert the other night. We were in the middle of the row, and I started feeling bad. I was feeling like I was about to have a bathroom emergency, but I felt trapped. I had 6 people on one side of me and 4 people on the other. I ended up having to climb over the 4 people to get out and go to the bathroom, then I spent the rest of the evening standing at the back of the auditorium so I didn't have to climb back over everyone. Maybe this should have been more obvious to me, but the next time we go to a concert, I plan on making every effort to ensure that I have a seat at the END of the row so I can get out easily if I need to make a bathroom run. Lesson learned. :)

nogutsnoglory

Yea that can be a scary scenario even just thinking about the possibility of a bathroom emergency. I always aim for a close to aisle seat bit sometimes it's not possible. Sorry you stood in the back, I mean it's not just those with ibd that need to stomp over people to get to the bathroom from the middle so you can go back. If you keep running though that's a different story of course.

I plan on making every effort to ensure that I have a seat at the END of the row so I can get out easily if I need to make a bathroom run. Lesson learned. :)
Yeah, that is something my wife and I plan on for all of our concerts and similar events, and airplane flights.