• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Dr. Gundry´s Lectin free diet?

Lady Organic

Staff member
the food group with the highest amount of lectins are beans as i have read... Beans is barely consumed in North America, yet we have the highest rate of IBD... beans are widely consumed everywhere in the world where inflammatory diseases are much much lower in numbers.
Therefore, beans as the most dangerous food group doesnt make much sense to me.

So basically you have to live on lettuce for the rest of your life I don't buy it I need carbs and a bit of gluten otherwise I get insomnia some of these diet's are pure quackery IMHO
I don´t think lettuce is the only alternative in his cookbook. Maybe there are something more you can eat in addition to that.

A very good cure for insomnia is to be physical active the most of the day. It´s a very good alternative to train in the same time as you´re watching TV.

A rowing machine is a very good combination to TV watching, and it will also create endorphines which also is a very good threatment for autoimmune dissorders.