• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Anyone taking Mesalamine tablets in the US?

I'm currently taking Mesacol, which is the commercial name for Mesalamine..
I'll be going to the US soon, does anyone know what Mesalamine tablets are called commercially in the US?

I'm currently taking Mesacol, which is the commercial name for Mesalamine..
I'll be going to the US soon, does anyone know what Mesalamine tablets are called commercially in the US?
I'm also on lialda, which is a mesalamine. There is also Apriso, Asacol, and Pentasa. They're all mesalamines, but different brand names.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
I'm on Pentasa and have been on Asacol in the past. Before coming here, I would check to see which version is working for you as each type is a little different. I'd probably check to see about getting Mesacol here if that's what you're on though...

I'm on Pentasa and have been on Asacol in the past. Before coming here, I would check to see which version is working for you as each type is a little different. I'd probably check to see about getting Mesacol here if that's what you're on though...
Yeah that's what I was thinking, I'll just get enough Mesacol to last me a while