• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Help. I'm scared.

Help! I have no money, no insurance, and a $900 medical bill hanging over my head from the FIRST abscess! (They won't pay for it either.) $900 for the doctor to take one look at me and tell me that it's in early stages and not serious. Is that a good deal? Idunno. Loans scare me, I'm a young adult with no credit. That was my first abscess and it's gone now!

About my parents: My dad told me it was better to pay $300 for a bandage and a medical expert's opinion. He told me I could loose a leg and that it's best if I go to the ER. I went behind my mother's back. My mother WAS a medical professional, but lost her medical license. She STILL thinks she is a doctor who can heal anyone. She TRIED to give me painful treatment, which involves popping the abscess when she forces it to a head and drain the pus. NEITHER of my parents will pay

The FIRST abscess healed. It was on my inner right thigh, down in my groin. It wasn't serious at all, but very painful place. It popped on it's own and I squeezed all the pus out in a hot bath. (and now THIS abscess is here and I did research. Apparently the internet knows a lot more than a washed up doctor)

But now THIS Abscess is here and it's big, in a bad place, and all I can do is wait for it to pop (while doing everything I'm supposed to) Let me describe it. Instead of being on a flat plane of pure leg muscle NEAR my groin... It started out ON my groin, NEXT to my testicles. The swollen/affected area's are the right side of my right testicle, the entire right side of my crundle, (the space between the testicles and the anus) and the entirety of my groin (which is the center) right next to my testicles. ALL I feel is pressure, and pain. Just like the LAST abscess, so I don't think it's affecting my testicles. Do abscesses bloat the surrounding areas WITHOUT pus? Or does the pus spread out under your skin?

I just want antibiotics for the infection! I just want it to pop and drain! I just want to NOT have to go to a clinic I just want to NOT have surgery! I just wanna pay off my first medical bill in full. and I just want insurance that is affordable.

I hate the pain but I'm willing to go THROUGH the pain if it can just pop and drain on it's own. However it DOES look like it's in a dangerous critical spot. Also, if there are OTHER risks to not getting medical attention. Sure. I'll go pick up another $1200 bill I'm estimating. I don't wanna lose my balls <;c Can't I just stab it with a knife?

Last edited:
NSTANT UPDATE! I was at work today after posting this this morning, and it freakin popped! It bursts! I had no idea until I went for a bathroom break. I look down and I see blood and pus near the center. So I text my boss. I told her that it had popped. All she knew was that I was limping. So my team members kicked a few medical supplies under the door while I looked up: "What to do if it pops" And got nothing. The closest answer I got was the entire procedure that doctors preform to drain it. SOOO I requested a few MORE things I would need to carry out my surgery. (Just kidding, but I would have tried to drain MOST of it out if I had a sterile knife.) SOOOO without a knife, I squeezed it as much as I could. My boss let me tend to my wounds. After I gave up on squeezing it all out, I covered the area with an antiseptic solution and sterile towels. I still have that bandage on me. I'll take it off tonight, but I can't replace it. Gosh I'm in a scary pickle. And this has happened before! This is my third day and it already popped! help me :c

Unimportant details you might like:
-A few of my co-workers walked to the sink of the bathroom to ask how I was doing. I told them I was scared. They knew it was painful.
-While squeezing it, there were two TINY holes, and it was seeping out (not gushing or flowing) with pressure.

Sitz baths can be helpful, I think. I'm not familiar with abscesses as my son hasn't had one. But if you browse the sub forum you posted in you may get some more helpful info.

I agree about the sitz baths. I think you should get some medical attention. If another one appears you may need IV antibiotics.

Sitz baths can be helpful, I think. I'm not familiar with abscesses as my son hasn't had one. But if you browse the sub forum you posted in you may get some more helpful info.
I've already browsed the entire forum for answers. I need MORE answers!

I'm sorry you are in so much pain. I think it's important for you to seek medical help. This is a support forum, so although the you can clean info from others' experiences it in no way can or should be used as medical advice. Only a doctor can give out medical advice.

I do understand that you don't have health insurance at this time but you may be able to apply for compassionate release on those bills and the most important thing is your health.

Screw it. I don't know if I have much time left. I'll just wait until the free clinic is open and go in with my tax return.