• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Surgery!!!

I go in Monday for a resection...more than likely they are taking the whole ileum and the surgeon told me, if there was any more infected that they couldnt see on the tests they would take that also. This has all came up in the past 2 weeks due to me having a bad reaction to remicade and cimzia both. Since, I work in the hospital on the surgical floor, the surgeon was all for getting me in before the end of the year for insurance reasons (thank the Lord).

I am just having an occasional freak out moment here and there when I think about it too much, not the surgery itself...I have the best surgeon here for the job. I am just afraid of what I am going to wake up to. He tells me I should not have to have any tubes or ili. bag...but of course, cant promise it and I know it since I work with it day in and day out.

I will update later how the surgery went, just throwing this out there and asking for prayers that the surgery goes just the way I want, but I know it will go the way the Lord wants!!

I hope all goes well with your surgery. So the cimzia and remicade Caused you to need this surgery?? That is terrible and scary. These drug reactions are really scary and the side effects. I am sorry you are dealing with all this. I hope all goes well for you. It sounds like you are in good hands thought...

I go in Monday for a resection...more than likely they are taking the whole ileum and the surgeon told me, if there was any more infected that they couldnt see on the tests they would take that also. This has all came up in the past 2 weeks due to me having a bad reaction to remicade and cimzia both. Since, I work in the hospital on the surgical floor, the surgeon was all for getting me in before the end of the year for insurance reasons (thank the Lord).

I am just having an occasional freak out moment here and there when I think about it too much, not the surgery itself...I have the best surgeon here for the job. I am just afraid of what I am going to wake up to. He tells me I should not have to have any tubes or ili. bag...but of course, cant promise it and I know it since I work with it day in and day out.

I will update later how the surgery went, just throwing this out there and asking for prayers that the surgery goes just the way I want, but I know it will go the way the Lord wants!!

Sending lots of hugz and prayers to you :hug: sounds like you are in very good hands and have a great surgeon, I wish you all the best!!

The remicade we decided to try one last ditch effort to avoid surgery, but it didnt work attacked every single joint except my ankles. We knew it was a chance considering I had been on it years ago. So, my GI was discouraged as was I. I am just praying that I dont wind up with an ileostomy bag! Thanks for the support here, I will update after surgery!!

They tried Humira to prevent my son's surgery as well but was too much scarring so didn't work either :yfrown: he is only 18 and was terrified of the possibility of waking up with the ileostomy bag as well but thankfully it was avoided. He said he can accept the fact it may happen in the future but really wanted to get through college before having to deal with that.

I hope your surgery goes very well and they can reconnect the tissue for you and if not there are many many people here to support you in the event things don't go as planned but positive thoughts bring positive things so try to stay positive :ysmile: it will all work out and most important you will feel much better in the end :hug:

Thank you stressed mom...this momma is gonna go try and get a good nights sleep, cant seem to get off the toilet and it is draining me...didnt even have to do any prep for the surgery either, just clear liquid diet that is going straight through!!