• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My story with Crohn's & Fistulas

Hi My Name is Monika i am new to this form,

My story starts like this about 3 years ago my Crohn"s started getting bad , by the way i have had it for about 21 years. Had been working had a family and got married in between that time and have a few sugury's until 3 years ago when i started to loss a lot of weight and was tried all the time trying to work a full time job and run a family all at the same time. Until i started to get really sick, i was on medication which never helped. By the way i tried the lot and nothing helped. So my husband told the doctor to put me in hospital. I was there for 2 month & nonthinking was don't. So i was sent to a bigger hospital & they found i had 3 obstructions so i had sugary all was fine until just i was heading home a fistula form in where they did the sugary. So the doctor told me i had to stay for 4 months so they could operate again so they did. While i was healing from all the operations more fistulas came, so they had to put draining tubes in to get rid of the fluid. I had no appetite and i was 34 kg. I put on TPN. I was for 9 months until i was transferred home to a other hospital i was there for about 6 months they let me out mean while i still have fistulas. Was home for about 4 months then my kidneys shut down from the infection i got. So i was back in hospital on dialysis for about 6 months. After that i was sent back to a big hospital for more sugary. When i woke up i had 3 stoma s and have of my bowel gone. i have only 70mm left. My life in those 3 years was touch and go my family was getting ready for a funeral. But i was strong and i over come it. Now i am at home with my family and trying do get on with life. ( I have 3 stoma's and i am on a machine 18 hours a day but i gratefully i am alive. PS Hope to get my stoma's reverse this year.:welcome::welcome::welcome::ybatty:

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi Monika and welcome. You've been to he'll and back. I admire your positive out look.

Hello Monika and :welcome: sorry you have been having a hard time you are one strong women sending :ghug: your way. I am so glad you found this forum there is lots of support on here.

Glad you are home with your family sending prayers your way.

Hello Monika and :welcome: sorry you have been having a hard time you are one strong women sending :ghug: your way. I am so glad you found this forum there is lots of support on here.

:smile:

Thanks. It seems that you haven't a nice life.:ghug:

I I hope it will get better for you.:ghug: