• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Video about a guy who beat Stage 3 Colon Cancer through diet

nogutsnoglory

Saw this guy on the Ricki Lake show, he refused chemo and became a raw vegan. The only thing is he also had colon surgery. Maybe they removed all of the cancer and he would have been ok anyway? I think he is eating a very healthy diet for the most part but not sure it can be attributed to his remission.

KWalker

I don't know the whole story so I can't comment more than opinion, but we can look at many people with crohns as well who have surgery and then still go on medicine. I would assume that they still saw the cancer after surgery if they want to continue with chemo.

Either way, I thought it was interesting to somebody go against the norm and have success with it because it really does show the importance of diet. So many people are so consumed in eating whatever they without truly knowing the potential harm a lot of additives and preservatives can cause.

nogutsnoglory

I do know that Paul Nison is a raw vegan who claims to have cured himself of colitis. There are some amazing stories on the raw food diet especially when it comes to diseases like diabetes.

KWalker

I was especially interested when I found out diet can significantly improve Autism. It was specifically the SCD diet but I found it while researching the SCD so that would make sense. So many people just brush off healthy eating as not important but the truth is, there are no side effects of healthy eating.

I was especially interested when I found out diet can significantly improve Autism. It was specifically the SCD diet but I found it while researching the SCD so that would make sense. So many people just brush off healthy eating as not important but the truth is, there are no side effects of healthy eating.
I was reading that also recently in Dr. Campbell-McBride's book on the SCD/GAPs diet. She has an autistic child, and reported how the SCD diet helped her and some of her patients children with autism greatly. I believe many are reporting that therapeutic doses of vitamin D3 help the condition also.

Different topic, but along diet sights - I down loaded a book earlier today that was free. Saw it being mentioned on Dr. Eade's sight. It's basically on the men that formed the practice of psychology and psycho-analysis over 130 years ago. Thought it possibly it might be of interest with your studies. Good book. I didn't realize how dishonest Freud along with others were with falsifying research results. It put a new light on medical history for me.

Have to imagine, the SCD/paleo diet probably would be greatly helpful for many with psychological needs.

"Free book on critical thinking"

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/books/free-book-on-critical-thinking/

KWalker

Freud and the whole pharmaceutical industry... But after all, Freud was addicted to coke for awhile and didn't stop until after he watched a friend die of an overdose.

I read the overview of that book and put it on the list of books to download on the kobo! Thanks for posting that

Different topic, but along diet sights - I down loaded a book earlier today that was free. Saw it being mentioned on Dr. Eade's sight. It's basically on the men that formed the practice of psychology and psycho-analysis over 130 years ago. Thought it possibly it might be of interest with your studies. Good book. I didn't realize how dishonest Freud along with others were with falsifying research results. It put a new light on medical history for me.

[/url]
I remember reading something on Freud along similar lines when I was at university. It didn't do much to improve my impression of psychology!

I don't know the whole story so I can't comment more than opinion, but we can look at many people with crohns as well who have surgery and then still go on medicine. I would assume that they still saw the cancer after surgery if they want to continue with chemo.

Either way, I thought it was interesting to somebody go against the norm and have success with it because it really does show the importance of diet. So many people are so consumed in eating whatever they without truly knowing the potential harm a lot of additives and preservatives can cause.
I'd be wary if this man's story about his recovery from cancer encouraged people to forgo conventional treatments though. I know surgery and chemotherapy are horrific, but they are far more important in treating cancer than diet alone is.

I remember reading something on Freud along similar lines when I was at university. It didn't do much to improve my impression of psychology!

I'd be wary if this man's story about his recovery from cancer encouraged people to forgo conventional treatments though. I know surgery and chemotherapy are horrific, but they are far more important in treating cancer than diet alone is.
Yeah, I was a little bit aware before about Freud's work not being well thought of today. I didn't realize how Freud himself, in his private correspondence didn't believe his psycho analysis studies all that helpful also. In public Feud would proclaim his work a great success, but in private and from what records show, they were far from it.

What seems to have made Freud a household name in America was the 1924 murder court case of Leopold and Leob.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopold_and_Loeb

Along similar lines, saw the other day that a prominent psychologist, Diederik Stapel, a Dutch social psychologist was found to be falsifying information.

"Social psychology fraud: Just tell professors what they want to hear"

http://isteve.blogspot.com/2013/04/social-psychology-fraud-just-tell.html

KWalker

Like I said, Freud was a coke head lol. And even those of us that study psychology (like myself) acknowledge how much of a goof he was