• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Swollen lymph nodes

So my body, including tummy has been doing pretty good since starting my newest cocktail of meds.yesterday, though I woke up extremely sore swollen lymph nodes under my chin. I've never had problems with those glands, even when extremely sick with bronchitis, pneumonia, swine flu, and thought it was odd. I woke up today, with pain all over, and have come to found swollen glands all over my body including grown, under arm, collarbone areas, and multiple ones through my neck. I went to my GP and he seemed puzzled by it, and proceeded to put me on an antibiotic. He said I have no signs of illness, like strep, mono, ear infection that would cause glands to swell so much and just to follow up with my GI. I'm just happy I have an appointment Tuesday with him.

It's probably nothing, but I've have never experienced the severity of swelling and the pain associated with it. I know that with being on steroids I have a weakened immune system, but am puzzled on what my body is fighting off. Just another thing to deal with, joy.

It can be horrible I have been suffering with swollen lymph nodes under my chin for a few months now. Had everything looked into and they can't find anything to worry about but they can be painfull so can't imagine having them all over must be really painfull and uncomfortable for you. Hope your dr's can figure something out for you x

My son's lymphnods under chin do this often and they have never found a reason but he says it is pretty painful when they appear. Hope the GI get you straightened out.

I was diagnosed with crohns a month ago and have been put on Budesonide and Pentasa, over the last few days i have begun to get swollen glands under my chin down the side of my neck and on the top of my spine and on the back of my head they hurt like hell, i went to the doctors yesterday and she said i might be getting shingles as my skin on the neck hurt for a week but no longer sensitive but more glands have appeared, I have no sign of fever or illness apart from a slight sore throat and abit of ear ache but i believe the ear ache is part of the swollen glands. I believe its a reaction from Pentasa but the dont want to stop it as it is making a massive improvement on my stomach in fact my stomach has never felt so good in 10 years and yes thats how long it took them to do the tests 10 years of agony, im starting to think i would rather have stomach ache as i can barely move my head from the pain and all they can do is give me Codeine. Has anyone else had the same problem with Pentasa? Im so scared of getting really sick. Sorry for the long rant but im so worried.

I used to get swollen lymph nodes in the neck, but not recently. I have issues with a swollen lymph node in my groin area. It comes and goes and is quite large. This has been going on for years, long before my recent GI issues that led to a diagnosis. Anyone ever have anything similar?

I'm actually having swollen lymph nodes in my right groin and abdomen that are pretty painful..first time for me other than when I had an infected mosquito bite in africa!crud..I do hate this illness!!

Sorry to double post..meant to add I'm a bit worried because I have been on biologics for like ten years..I'm sure it's inflammation in my gut but still..I'd like to know for sure it's not the rare but dreaded side effect of lymphoma!trying not to worry too much about it!

I get swollen lymph nodes under my arms and boy does it hurt . I called into the nurse and she basically said it was quite common with IBD and not much can be done with it . So im basically just taking a couple of extra painkillers when it gets really sore .

What do they look like or feel? I'm not sure if it's lymph nodes or hernia? What doctor would know?
It's hard to explain, but for me, it's like a soft area of swelling about the size of a large grape. The area of swelling is slightly tender, but I also have moderate pain in the RLQ that comes and goes. When it first started happening, I thought it was possible that it was a hernia. A hernia would occur in a similar location and it does look similar. A doctor should be able to tell the difference.

nogutsnoglory

I thought it was crohns at first but my GI said its too low to be intestine and may be a hernia. I'd prefer it be a lymph node since that doesn't require surgery. It's pretty painful.