• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

When should you seek inpatient treatment?

I try my very best to take care of my son during the day but I know that I am falling short. My anixety has only become worse since starting Humira and I'm concerned that I may need to go to an inpatient facility to have my meds adusted. I can't stop crying. I'm constantly agitated. I feel like I am literally falling apart. A year ago I almost succeeded in killing myself. I'm worse than I was then. Should I admit myself to the hospital?

I try my very best to take care of my son during the day but I know that I am falling short. My anixety has only become worse since starting Humira and I'm concerned that I may need to go to an inpatient facility to have my meds adusted. I can't stop crying. I'm constantly agitated. I feel like I am literally falling apart. A year ago I almost succeeded in killing myself. I'm worse than I was then. Should I admit myself to the hospital?
Hi Kristina, I wanted to send you ((((hugs)))).... And if you are scared for yourself then yes, I would admit myself to a hospital. So sorry your going through this and hope you feel better soon!

I agree Kristina - you need to go in and ask for help - without a doubt. And try not to be so hard on yourself as far as taking care of your son. This illness brings with it a multitude of symptoms including feeling extremely fatigued.

Do they have you on any meds that could be making you feel emotionally even worse - like Prednisone?

I am on Lithium and Clonazepam for bi polar disorder and I am on a small dose of pred. My husband is in the Military and is gone quite a bit, including now, and it makes it so hard not to have any family around for support. I know that my son deserves so much better than I can give him. It breaks my heart. My husband is catching a flight in the morning and will be home in the afternoon so that I can go to the hospital. Thanks for the support guys.

You are welcome Kristina!

Is there any way you could move closer to your family? It would so helpful if you had a support system in place.

We've been trying to get orders to an area close to my family but so far the Air Force doesn't seem to care about our struggles very much. I guess that's just the military.

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Unfortunately that is the military. :/ Wondering if you being classified as "disabled" through Social Security would help the situation at all (being married, disabled wife and child need help at home, something like that)?

Thoughts of suicide are nothing to play around with so if you know you're feeling questionable, then you're doing the right thing to seek help. I've been admitted before (it wasn't really by choice since I was 17 and my parents had the final say). It helped me realize that the things I was dealing with were something I'd be able to manage on my own (I don't even remember why I tried to kill myself, I remember the hospital and the people I met there more).

At some point maybe you could have some blood work done to check your vitamin/nutrient levels as being low or deficient in some can cause depression. Have them check everything from Vit A-Zinc.

Make sure you keep your appointments and adjust your meds...that is not an option! And the one thing I can tell you is you were placed in your sons life for a reason, you are his mom and you could give him nothing of material value and it wouldn't matter because all he wants is you. Don't spend too much time worrying about what you cant do or give someone, the thing you can do is be there for him and make him laugh. Positive thoughts make a difference even if you have to fake them.

I did end up signing myself in for treatment. I just go out a few days ago. I'm not sure I actually feel better but I think it was benificial. They adjusted some of my medications and added others. I guess only time will tell if it is actually working. Thanks again for all the support. <3

I did end up signing myself in for treatment. I just go out a few days ago. I'm not sure I actually feel better but I think it was benificial. They adjusted some of my medications and added others. I guess only time will tell if it is actually working. Thanks again for all the support. <3
Hi Kristina, I have been thinking of you. I am glad you went into treatment. Although, you may not feel better at list they where able to adjust your meds. Sending good thoughts your way and keep us posted!

Hi Kristina!i am so glad to hear you went for trstmen!that is a sign of great strength in my opinion!slthough you may feel shame or guilt or like you aren't doing your best I hope you can listen to all the people here who give you support and know you ARE enough and doing the very best you can.it's so hard for us to admit we hav limits and we all do! You are being a great mom by first taking care of yourself..that ensures you can be there for your precious son!loving thoughts your way..you did what you needed to do and that is a good good thing!!