• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hard small bloated spot

About a month ago, I noticed that one night my stomach was swollen in a very concentrated area, about a quarter diameter in the lower left right at the end of the colon, and it was hard. As soon as I passed gas it resolved. It's been doing this on and off, I get very bloated and the spot bubbles up like there is trapped gas and then when I release gas it gets better. Is this normal bloating symptoms?? This is new for me, I've only dealt with perianal things for the most part. I am hoping this is just inflammation that will resolve over time and not a budding obstruction I will need to address with surgery. Help!?

Seeing the doctor Monday. I can still pass vowel movements and I still have an appetite and no nausea or fever. No cramping either, no pain at all. Just bloating.

Another possibility is a hernia if it is really localized. When my bloating was due to obstructions it always seemed it was a larger area - sort of like a garden hose section. In either case, it needs to be looked at.

From your description, it sounds like gas getting trapped, then released. But its a good idea to run it by your doctor. You could also try eating food that don't cause gas or taking something like Beano or GasEx to help with gas, if thats what it is. Good luck.

From your description, it sounds like gas getting trapped, then released. But its a good idea to run it by your doctor. You could also try eating food that don't cause gas or taking something like Beano or GasEx to help with gas, if thats what it is. Good luck.
Perhaps not so much gas being trapped but more so phase transitions, when matter transforms from one state to another - Liquid to a Gas, a Gas to a solid and etc and so. :ghug: