• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Cholesterymine or Questran/ for diarrhea

Hi everyone,
I am fairly new here. Joined in July. I have crohns and was doing fairly well after taking entocort last fall. Then around June I had a major flare. My Doctor gave me a prescription for Cholesterymine which is a cholesteral lowering drug. But, they also learned how effective it is at stopping diarrhea dead in it's tracks. I only take it one time a day, even though they say twice. You mix it in with water and drink it. It has been a miracle cure for me and there are many other success stories out there. It works better than anything I've ever tried. If I don't use it one day, the runs come right back. Just wanted to share this with those of you who can't go anywhere for fear of not having a bathroom nearby. Try it and see!!!!:ylol2:
PS See healingwell.com/cholesterymine for diarrhea

Last edited:

DustyKat

Super Moderator
It's fab to hear you that Questran works well for you hun. :)

My two kids use psyllium husks which basically work the same way as cholestyramine, they bulk up the stool by absorbing excess bile salts in the ileum. It certainly works a treat for them too. :)

Dusty. xxx