• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Products of probiotic brands or natural(homemade) yoghurt and kefir

Natren Healthy Trinity Probiotics are the ones I have seen the best result with so far. They have a capsule form and powder forms of different kinds so you can choose which strains you are taking down to a science.

The powder is great when you are not feeling good so you can be sure that the probiotics are getting to where they need.

@ Crohn2357 - i'm not sure about why "pickles produced using vinegar are not probiotic."

I've read a few things and the impression i get is pickles made without vinegar are sour due to the probiotic bacteria and vinegar can be used to preserve the vegetable without needing fermentation

"9. Sour Pickles
Most pickles on your grocery store shelves are pickled using vinegar, but as tasty as this method might be, it is not optimal. Sour pickles are the traditional alternative to vinegar pickles and are prepared using a simple solution of unrefined sea salt and clean, chlorine-free water. This solution encourages the growth of lactic-acid producing beneficial bacteria which customarily outcompete pathogenic bacteria. Moreover, traditional sour pickles are raw after culturing unlike vinegar-based cucumber pickles which are cooked during the canning process thus killing food enzymes, bacteria and destroying heat sensitive vitamins.."
http://nourishedkitchen.com/dairy-free-probiotics/#ixzz2lEJmoB6j