• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Keeping my family doctor during college internships

Hi guys,
I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on how to keep my same doctor during college and internships when I'm away from home?

Thanks!

Hi guys,
I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on how to keep my same doctor during college and internships when I'm away from home?

Thanks!
I'm in the same boat as you! I live three hours away while I am going to university. I kept the same family doctor which is located at home, and I schedule my appointments with her when I know I will be home (for example, during holidays), but I got a gastro doctor in the town that I am attending university, since she is the one I need to see most often due to my Crohn's problems! I don't know if this may be an option for you :)

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
How far away from home are you two? Is there a way that you can email your current doctor for general things? If it's something that you need to be seen for and it's through the same insurance, your doctor could always recommend that you see someone in your area until you can be back home.