• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Cactusgal- to late in life to be dealing with yet another crazy issue!!

At age 67 Iwas just diagnosed with lymphocytic colitis this week, April 2017, after onset of symptoms 1st week of January 2017.
Medication offered has a copay of 183.00 per month.
Read several articles regarding Pepto Bismol tablets and started the that day. A week later, now, I find the frequency of running to restroom from 8 to 10 times a day, down to about 3!! Huge difference!! Will stay with the OTC remedy!!

scottsma

Please keep us updated on your progress.I can see why you're looking for an alternative solution due to the cost of your prescribed meds.but please don't take risks with your health.At the first sign of new symptoms please have it investigated.I haven't used Pepto Bismol but as it's reducing your bathroom trips be aware of constipation occurring.That can be a lot worse than the opposite.I wish you well.

Lady Organic

Staff member
Hi and welcome,
most importantly, have your disease monitored with your GI. Our own subjective impression are sometimes not enough to tell if things are really better or not inside our intestine. Peptobismol does slow down the large intestine mouvements and is often suggested to IBD patients, however, it does not treat inflammation. This doesnt not mean a spontaneous remission is impossible in your case. I wish it for you, but i would just encourage monitoring with your dr to be sure and safe. Wishing you well.