• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Remsima not as good as Remicade?

Hi, has anyone out there been switched from Remicade to Remsima (the biosimilar & cheaper version of Remicade)? I was switched over to Remsima from Remicade about 18 months ago and I have to say that it's definitely not as effective. Whilst I still feel ok energy wise on Remsima (well for the first 5 weeks anyway), I have developed awful skin problems since being switched to Remsima plus had a bout of Crohn's related Arthritis a few months ago which I haven't experienced since I was first flaring not on meds. I have read that there can be antibody issues from the switch and I'm tempted to push my IBD nurse & consultant to switch me back to Remicade. My face looks so bad people are starting to stare at me in public unless I wear extremely heavy make up & even then you can still see it yikes!! : ( Anyone else experienced this?

Hi, has anyone out there been switched from Remicade to Remsima (the biosimilar & cheaper version of Remicade)? I was switched over to Remsima from Remicade about 18 months ago and I have to say that it's definitely not as effective. Whilst I still feel ok energy wise on Remsima (well for the first 5 weeks anyway), I have developed awful skin problems since being switched to Remsima plus had a bout of Crohn's related Arthritis a few months ago which I haven't experienced since I was first flaring not on meds. I have read that there can be antibody issues from the switch and I'm tempted to push my IBD nurse & consultant to switch me back to Remicade. My face looks so bad people are starting to stare at me in public unless I wear extremely heavy make up & even then you can still see it yikes!! : ( Anyone else experienced this?
I would call your doctor and let them know what is going on.