• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

MoviPrep causes gut to stop working?

Anyone ever have the experience of MoviPrep stoping their gut from working?

Later today is colonoscopy. Due to slow transit constipation, I had to have clear liquids only starting Christmas morn. What a bummer! Next day I take four Bisacodyl tabs. They start working all is going well. (No pun intended). In the evening I start drinking the nasty MoviPrep. Nothing happens. Around three and a half hours later it occurs to me that perhaps maybe I should call the doc. This doesn't seem right. Am I supposed to be running to the loo yet? The on call doc says, "You must have severe constipation." Duh! No S@(#(*t Sherlock! "Take an enema and drink lost of water." Then I'm supposed to do the second half of the MoviPrep starting at 6am. Huh? Oh yea and the doc says, "Do the MoviPrep starting at 6am, then an enema or two and drink lots of water until 9:30 am." WHAT!:eek: I have to leave the house at 10am to get there.:ybatty: I have yet to find the port-a-potty in my van.:yfaint: So I guess I'm going to be up all night?:poo::ymad:

Hi there,
I used klean prep as far as I know it's same as moviprep
my experience was I started to poop after 2 hours... also I'd have to complete the prep night before if you have a morning appointment, or need to leave early for one
Your Doc clearly hasn't read instructions. and yes you'll be needing a port-a-potty if you start at 6am :) Could Bisacodyl have affected the prep?

Last edited:
Your doc is talking piffle if you follow those instructions you,ll have to flamethrower your car clean,when you know what happens! Back to the drawing board or your appointment should be changed to pm.good luck

Started at 5am with MoviPrep. Added 6 capfuls of Miralax as well as the appropriate amount of fluid to go with it. Started barfing at one point so I took expired nausea meds. Worked like a charm. Survived the 45min to 1 hour trip to the hospital but couldn't wait to get to the loo. That last trip to the loo, all was clear. Doc said I had done the best job he's ever seen with the colon clean out.

Final count. Took a total of 8 biscodyl tabs, 4 enemas, 1 complete bottle of MoviPrep and 6 capfuls of Miralax to clean out my slow transit colon.:ymad: Never felt so sick in my life. Thought I was dying.:hallo3:

Had a lot of mucus that smelled like MoviPrep in two trips to the loo the next morning after the colonoscopy. MoviPrep is haunting and disgusting! :poo:

Well done that sounded like a life experience you have done without!my first experience with that slop marked me for life I was so ill on the day I was almost kept in,did the adult thing and gave it"yes I,m miles better"couldn't,t walk straight leaving the unit worst headache of my life,there's got to be a better way!
P.s when it's needed I,ll give you my address for the cat pee.good luck