• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Nutribullet

Ok so i've been using the nutribullet for about a month doing lost of fruits and veggies. If someone has been through this please tell me. Symptoms are feelings tiredness at random, feeling like bugs are crawling on you and itching all over. Does this sound like detoxing?
I've been on remicade for 7 years with my regular symptoms, sinuses going crazy, itchy ears, nail fungus and host of other sypmtoms. So does this really sound like detoxing?

if it was for a week or two i'd say maybe....

just watched the vid for the nutribullet, looks great but on its own it's not going to do much.

Are you doing anything else (diet, probiotics, suppliments)?

nogutsnoglory

I think a month is way too long to be suffering with these side effects. Have you notified your doctors and had a complete blood markup?

if it was for a week or two i'd say maybe....

just watched the vid for the nutribullet, looks great but on its own it's not going to do much.

Are you doing anything else (diet, probiotics, suppliments)?
Yes i have cut back on processed foods, sugars, carbs(it is a struggle). I take 5lac probiotcs (presently out for about a week), Garden of life mens vitamins, fish oil, digestive enzymes,vitamin c, and zinc. and recently I've been using turmeric in my nutribullet.

I think a month is way too long to be suffering with these side effects. Have you notified your doctors and had a complete blood markup?
I had bloodwork done twice this year and both times i was sick. One was the flu (jan) and the other was a bad cold (feb). Both times my lymphocytes just over the high mark. Not recent though. I will have to make an appt.

CrohnsChicago

Super Moderator
What is the frequency of your juicing over the course of this past month (one daily, 30 days all juice, periodic fasts)

If your previous diet was heavy with processed foods, sugars and carbs that you mentioned above then I could understand some of the side effects but I don't see any reason those effects should last more than a week or so. Maybe your body lacking some sort of nutrition beyond what juicing can provide. Definitely check in with your doctor and at least get some blood work done. Make sure you discuss your juicing diet with him.

If you already have some sort of nutrient deficiency, you may be aggravating it with juicing.

Also worth considering...if you are juicing lots of fruits and juicing them regularly, you may be skyrocketing your blood-sugar levels. Your body can detox and burn the sugar calories too quickly causing you to crash. If that's the case, making veggies a primary source of juice over fruit could be helpful (and be careful with carrots, they are great for juices but also deceivingly high in sugar).

What is the frequency of your juicing over the course of this past month (one daily, 30 days all juice, periodic fasts)

If your previous diet was heavy with processed foods, sugars and carbs that you mentioned above then I could understand some of the side effects but I don't see any reason those effects should last more than a week or so. Maybe your body lacking some sort of nutrition beyond what juicing can provide. Definitely check in with your doctor and at least get some blood work done. Make sure you discuss your juicing diet with him.

If you already have some sort of nutrient deficiency, you may be aggravating it with juicing.

Also worth considering...if you are juicing lots of fruits and juicing them regularly, you may be skyrocketing your blood-sugar levels. Your body can detox and burn the sugar calories too quickly causing you to crash. If that's the case, making veggies a primary source of juice over fruit could be helpful (and be careful with carrots, they are great for juices but also deceivingly high in sugar).
Thank you for your response. I do 2 drinks daily 32oz and sometimes 4 a day on the weekend. Thanks for the info. I try to switch up on a regular basis.
And i tried nutrient test a while back and my blood sample was contaminated somehow. I will have to try it again soon to see where i am on nutrients.

Sounds more like allergies or allergic reaction then anything else. I could understand the random tiredness being caused by juicing but, bugs and itching?

What nutrient deficiency cause's itching and bug crawling on me feeling?

Gianni

Yes i have cut back on processed foods, sugars, carbs(it is a struggle). I take 5lac probiotcs (presently out for about a week), Garden of life mens vitamins, fish oil, digestive enzymes,vitamin c, and zinc. and recently I've been using turmeric in my nutribullet.
Sounds like your body might be too familiar with the carbs in your diet and is starting to miss them. Sounds a little like ketosis. A process in which your body (accustomed to a higher carb diet) burns fatty acids and releases ketone bodies into the blood stream. Sometimes side effects include slight fatigue, foul breathe and body odor etc. Typically the body will work its way around it and be fine but sometimes it can linger, try adding more carbs into the diet slowly and see if that resolves the issue.

As for nutribullet, I'm not a fan.

Gianni

If you've cut down on sugary foods and made other changes to your diet, is it possible you're tired simply from lack of calories? I'm not sure about the itching, but if you're not eating enough you'd definitely feel tired. Have you lost weight? Even if you're still in the healthy weight range, if you're losing it could still make you feel run down. Fruits and vegetables won't provide you with the energy that other carb foods would.

I'm wary of the idea of detoxing. When I saw nutritionists they kept telling me that I was detoxing and that's why I felt worse on their diets. After weeks and weeks I knew I wasn't detoxing at all, I was just sick and their "healthy" diets weren't working. It seems like detoxing is a convenient way to convince people that feeling worse is a good sign. I am sceptical about this due to my experiences, but if you are getting in all the calories and nutrients you need, your diet shouldn't make you feel ill. Adding extra vitamins from juicing and cutting back on other foods isn't going to cause you to detox.