• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Mayo Clinic

Has anyone been treated at the Mayo-Clinic for Crohn's disease?

I was treated by the Indiana University Medical Center without any luck, but a GI Dr. that was horrible. My symptoms are out of control, and my quality of life is non-existent.

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated!

Dukeis

Dynastic Overlord
Has anyone been treated at the Mayo-Clinic for Crohn's disease?

I was treated by the Indiana University Medical Center without any luck, but a GI Dr. that was horrible. My symptoms are out of control, and my quality of life is non-existent.

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated!
I was treated there for 15 years until my doctor left and my insurance changed and wouldn't pay for me to go there. Great place! One of the best for treating IBD. I had thought about going back since I changed insurance again and could go, but I have found a great doctor closer to home.

I went there the first time because I had an awful doctor here at home. I was so happy I did. Good Luck!

Thank you for the reply. I see my GI Wednesday, I will talk to him about it then. He is a great Dr but has used everything in his arsenal. It starting to feel a bit hopeless. I'm hoping he will be on board with the Mayo Clinic idea, and that my insurance will pay for their service.

I went to the UCLA Crohns and Colitis clinic .

Never again! They were running late, a drug rep had catered lunch. They brought me a salad to eat while I waited . Really?? It went down hill from there !!

Lauren

So I saw the urogynecologist today. I'm having an MRI in the morning, have a consult with gi and colorectal surgeon tomorrow, and possibly an internal medicine appointment as well. They do work fast here. Especially if you're coming from out of town.

Crohn's Mom

I wonder if we passed each other at some point today! We just got home from there :)
Do u know who your GI and surgeon appointments are with ?
We see Dr Cangemi GI, and Dr Landmann - surgeon. They're both awesome !
Hope you get some solid answers ! :)

Crohn's Mom

Gab is pre-med in college; she has always wanted to be a doctor since she was little.
However, now that she knows Dr. Landmann, she is striving to be a colorectal surgeon ~ he made quite the impression on her !
I hope you like him just as much :)

I talked with the GI about the Mayo. He wants to run a few more tests and add methotroxate and another drug to my treatment which is suppose to make the Humira more effective. I'm glad he has some more ideas but I really need some relief other than more pain meds.

Ron Landmann performed my surgery in April, 2012. He did a very good job; I am quite pleased. My whole Mayo experience was positive.