• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Injection Problem!

So, I have been taking Humira Pen injections since Feb 2011. Today I was doing the injection and flinched! Seems like they get more painful each time for some reason. Anyhow, the needle puntured my skin because there was blood, the problem is, a good majority of the medicine did not inject because I moved. If I had to guess Id say around 75% missed. Im not sure what to do in this situation. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

nogutsnoglory

They might be able to advise but most likely they'll send a new one and have you consult your GI. I think they probably will let you take it.

They'll probably tell you to take it right away, and just shift your schedule by a few days. Not a big deal, I think this happens a lot, and they are good about replacing it.

Do you have a Humira nurse ambassador? If so, you may try him/her on their personal/work phone. Just a thought.

afidz

Super Moderator
Make sure to contact your GI. There is no telling how much of your med was missed, they may just want you to wait until your next dose.

theOcean

Good luck with contacting Abbvie!

As for the pain: I actually use emla patches every week, which they sell OTC at pharmacies. It's a numbing cream, and really helps me deal with the injections. Otherwise, is there someone who could help you administer them if your problems get worse? I actually get my SO to help me out with mine, now.