• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Elidel?

ameslouise

Hi everyone!

I'm really struggling right now with a rash around my eyes. I am 99% sure this is an auto-immune manifestation. It has been non-responsive to everything except Emu oil, and that only barely keeps it at bay.

I was unable to get in to see a derm right away. But I did a lot of research and went to the walk-in clinic and begged for a pred blast and an rx for Elidel, which is an immuno-modulator cream.

Anyone have any experience with this product?

It's 5:13 and I've been up for two hours so you can tell the pred is kicking in!!

- A

Jessi

Aww, Ames, I'm so sorry. I bet you're really frustrated over this. I've never heard of this rash or this product. I wish I could help ya, but just wanted to give you a hug. :hug:

Hang in there. Don't stay up too late tonight. :D

ameslouise

Thanks, Jessi!

It seems I have had a bad reaction to the Elidel... I have only used it twice and both times got really nauseous. The first time, I thought I had a stomach bug for four days!! But then I used it again last night - and BAM! I got so nauseous I actually threw up. It was the first time I had used the cream in a few weeks. So - back to the drawing board for me to find some relief...

- Amy

Jessi

That's crazy that a cream for your skin can make you so sick! I have a strange thickened dry patch of skin on my left eyelid. It's a bit reddish. Is this the same thing you have?

David

Co-Founder
Mine was, David. Very small patch... smaller than my pinky fingertip.
The reason I asked was she mentioned Emu Oil was beneficial. Upon Googling emu oil I found it was 70% fatty acids. I then went here (I love that site) and the primary symptom of essential fatty acid deficiency is dry, scaly rash, and with her surgery, I figure the chances of her being deficient in EFAs are reasonable. Thus the curiosity :)

Sorry I'm no help with the Elidel by the way.