• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

C diff?

C Diff is pretty distinctive once you have it...there is a putrid odor, lots of mucous, D, often times bloody. Lots of cramping, sometimes accompanied with fever, and general a feelng of just not feeling well. Usually flagyl and cipro are the first antibiotics. If those don't work, then vancomycin is the next course, and then difficid. Ufortunately, I have had it five times and hospitalized with it four times.

Not always I had no clue I had it because we caught it very quickly. Stool tests every 3months ... routine test to the rescue I honestly thought I was having a bad weekend.. bad food choices maybe. But it was c-diff
The antibiotics where worse than the infection for me

I am having a barium swallow and my GI is switching me from Prevacid to pentanix. I go to the GI and see if I need a endoscopy. I will tell them about weekly faecal incontinence.