• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How to get rid of the taste?

Every week when I inject my methotrexate, I have the most disgusting taste in my mouth for about 2 days. It is like a chemical taste, as I imagine a battery might taste. Is there any way to get rid of it? I've tried mouthwash, brushing my teeth, sucking a lifesaver, chewing mints and so far nothing seems to work. Does anyone have a good idea for getting rid of this disgusting taste? Thanks!

I've never taken Methotrexate but when I got this from Flagyl I just ate Starburst. Not exactly good for you.

Its hard to get rid of because its coming from inside your body, inside your bloodstream. I can taste things that are injected into me sometimes too. Sometimes I can taste the plastic in the IV bag when they start the IV. I dont think there is much you can do about it.

yeah i get this really weird feeling the day after I inject. I feel this terrible feeling of nausea and this bad taste in my mouth. I think it is almost psychological at this state for me though. The feeling goes away about 2 days after the injection. I didnt notice anything at first, but after about the last 3 injections I have noticed this starting to happen. I dont know why this happens, maybe because methotrexate is chemotherapy after all and that can bring upon numerous side effects.

I've had a funny taste in my mouth since my first Remi infusion two weeks ago. It's weird: kind of sweet. Can't seem to shake it either.

Its hard to get rid of because its coming from inside your body, inside your bloodstream. I can taste things that are injected into me sometimes too. Sometimes I can taste the plastic in the IV bag when they start the IV. I dont think there is much you can do about it.
When I was in the hospital a few seconds after I'd press my pain button I'd get this weird plasticy taste in my mouth. Maybe it was the syringe flavor?

The worst is the saline. Makes your mouth taste like you're at the beach. Blech.

When I was in the hospital a few seconds after I'd press my pain button I'd get this weird plasticy taste in my mouth. Maybe it was the syringe flavor?

The worst is the saline. Makes your mouth taste like you're at the beach. Blech.
Chemicals from plastic are known for leaching into fluids. I tried to ask for phthalate free IV bags for remicade infusions but my hospital did not have any. So many yucky chemicals in plastic.